HONG KONG--(Marketwire - Feb 26, 2013) - Robert Walters, one of the world's leading specialist professional recruitment consultancies, launched its Annual Global Salary Survey today.
Now in its 14th edition, the annual Robert Walters Global Salary Survey is the most comprehensive review of global recruitment trends and salary levels available.
"Attracting and retaining talent is likely to be a key challenge for employers in 2013," says Matthew Bennett, Managing Director for Greater China, Robert Walters. "When looking for new opportunities, talent will seek stability, a clear career path and a company with projected growth. Job rotation opportunities could help retain talent, but employers will also need to review their talent retention strategies, and/or offer competitive packages to keep their best talent."
Key findings for Hong Kong:
Overview for 2012
- Despite challenging global market conditions in financial services, there were encouraging signs in the front office banking space where traditional lending and private banking professionals were sought-after
- As business process outsourcing (BPO) companies expanded, the demand for accounting & finance candidates rose. In particular, there were open opportunities for finance, financial planning and analysis and tax and audit managers
- Due to rapid expansion in existing brands and new labels opening in Hong Kong, we saw a rise in job levels for key account, sales, country and brand managers within the FMCG sector
- Firms in the telecommunications, retail and information technology consultancy sectors hired vendors and systems integrators actively as many moved their headquarters to Hong Kong to establish an Asia Pacific hub
Outlook for 2013
- The Hong Kong economy has stabilised and is on track for a more solid recovery which will see increased hiring in Q2 and Q3
- Trade-related hiring to see an increase in 2013 due to heightened demand from the US and China
- China's growth will help increase the number of mainland tourists and the amount they spend which will have a direct impact on retail related industries and tourism
- Organisations will focus on operational effectiveness which will increase demand for procurement & supply chain, HR, finance and Six Sigma related candidates
- With new banking regulations in place, we foresee a steady demand for corporate governance talent in middle and back office banking
- Top employee retention will be a key focus for companies which will drive the demand for compensation and benefits and talent management candidates within human resources
- Financial institutions are likely to recruit experienced wealth management and private client lawyers due to the increased number of high-net-worth investors coming into Hong Kong
- Increasing reliance on information technology contactors, in particular project management and business analysis specialists
For more comprehensive insight about various job functions across different industries, download the latest Salary Survey, a full copy of the Robert Walters Global Salary Survey can be downloaded from www.robertwalters.com.hk/salarysurvey
About Robert Walters
Robert Walters is an award-winning business and one of the world's largest professional recruitment consultancies. The Group has a network of 52 offices spanning 24 countries, including the United Kingdom, Ireland, Continental Europe, the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, South Africa and Brazil. For more information about Robert Walters Hong Kong, visit http://www.robertwalters.com.hk.
The Global Salary Survey
The Robert Walters Salary Survey provides an in-depth analysis of salaries earned around the world by both permanent and contract workers across a wide range of sectors. The Hong Kong section covers the following sectors: accounting & finance, banking & financial services, human resources & business support, IT, legal & compliance, property & construction, sales & marketing as well as supply chain, procurement & logistics.
A full copy of the Robert Walters Global Salary Survey can be downloaded from www.robertwalters.com.hk/salarysurvey
The Robert Walters Salary Checker App
Employees now have a way to check how much they are really worth with the free Robert Walters Salary Checker iPhone app.
Drawing on data from the Robert Walters Global Salary Survey, the Salary Checker App contains a database of salaries and contract rates by role and sector.
The Salary Checker App is free to download for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad users from the iTunes app store.
For further information or interview requests, please contact:
- Employment & Career
- Hong Kong