Doritos has gone unbelievably meta with its new chip flavor.
Behold, the Doritos Locos Tacos-flavored Doritos.
They're Doritos chips that taste like the Doritos Locos Tacos at Taco Bell that have shells that taste like Doritos.
Umm... you follow?
Let's break this down.
- Frito-Lay invents Doritos chips.
- Taco Bell and Frito-Lay join forces to create Doritos tacos.
- Frito-Lay makes Doritos chips flavored like Doritos tacos.
The new chips come out on April 8.
Frito-Lay's also holding a contest to see what people are willing to do to win a pallet of Doritos. Yes, that's a lot of Doritos.
Here's the announcement from Doritos' official Twitter account:March 25, 2013
More From Business Insider
- The Psychological Secrets Behind Nacho Cheese Doritos
- We Tasted Taco Bell's Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos That Don't Come Out Until Next Month
- How Taco Bell Created The Infamous Doritos Tacos
- Taco Bell