Salmon is known for having essential omega-3 fatty acids — important in a healthy diet — and there are plenty of ways to prepare this versatile fish.
This week’s Frugal Family Feast is fast, easy, and scrumptious. Chef Jorge Montes, owner and executive chef of Roho Kitchen, shared his technique with Money Talks News founder Stacy Johnson. Watch the video, then read on for the recipe.
Chef Jorge found all of his ingredients at his area supermarket for about $14. While salmon can sometimes get expensive, watch for deals. Many grocery stores around the country run specials at various times of the year.
This dish cooks up quickly. Chef Jorge sliced his salmon fillets thin, and they cooked in the oven in about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on the oven so they don’t overcook.
The creamy dill sauce is super on all kinds of pasta, so feel free to switch the fettuccine to regular spaghetti, linguine, you name it. You’ll find this sauce to be smooth and bright, with just the right amount of lemon and dill to complement the salmon.
Salmon in Creamy Dill Sauce with Fettuccine – Courtesy of Chef Jorge Montes
- 4 (5 ounces) salmon fillets.
- 1½ cups heavy cream.
- ½ cup diced white onion.
- 2 ounces butter.
- 2 tablespoon chopped dill.
- zest of 1 lemon.
- juice of 1 lemon.
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta.
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 cup sour cream.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinate the salmon fillets in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, and poppy seeds for 15 minutes.
- Lay out the salmon on a baking tray with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes at 400°.
- In a sauce pot on medium heat, melt the butter and cook the onions for 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add heavy cream, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, sour cream, and dill. Mix well and cook for another minute.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil along with a few hefty pinches of salt.
- Add the fettuccine and boil until fully cooked but with a bite (al dente).
- Drain the pasta and toss with the dill sauce.
- Serve the pasta on a large platter and place the salmon fillets on top.
After you try this recipe, go to our Facebook page and let us know how you like it!
This article was originally published on MoneyTalksNews.com as 'Frugal Family Feast: Salmon With Creamy Dill Sauce and Fettuccine'.