SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A year after globally launching the FUJITSU Cloud Initiative, Fujitsu is strengthening its commitment to unlocking the business-innovation, cost-efficiency and agility benefits of cloud for its customers around the world. In doing so, Fujitsu is well on its way to building one of the broadest portfolios of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and Cloud Integration Services. Having committed to a two-year investment of approx. 2 billion US$ in business innovation, social innovation and strengthening global delivery capabilities, Fujitsu has been busy bringing to market new offerings, deepening its deployments, and growing its customer base.
According to research by analyst firm Frost & Sullivan1, the global cloud computing market is expected to reach approximately US$86 billion in 2016 from an estimated US$36 billion in 2013, and is expanding at a compound annual growth rate of 33.4 percent. While PaaS continues to grow and SaaS remains the most popular cloud service offering with users, IaaS is expected to grow at 40 percent per annum for the 2013-2016 period.
Fujitsu supports its customers wherever they are on their cloud journey, with a strategic focus on broadening its cloud portfolio, making it easy to adopt cloud alongside traditional, non-cloud systems and manage these consistently in a hybrid IT environment. The company has continued to build on a solid foundation of delivering robust and innovative ICT solutions and services: This has now harmonized as Fujitsu continues to invest in its cloud portfolio to provide on a global basis offerings that have been developed and successfully deployed in different regions around the world.2
- FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5: Globally available from seven data centers in six countries, with a 38 percent increase in capacity during 2013, and an additional 77 percent planned for 2014 comprising two more data center locations in the UK and USA. Customers frequently need a Disaster Recovery system for key applications, often within the same country to address issues of data residency. These new data centers will deliver trusted public cloud to meet such requirements.
- FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Private Hosted: Globally available with an 88 percent increase in capacity compared to 2012, four new data centers brought on-stream in Canada, Thailand, Spain and Portugal; as well as expansion of existing data centers in Australia, China and Finland enabling significant sales success in 2013, particularly in the North American market. For 2014, Fujitsu has new IaaS Private Hosted deployments planned for two new locations in the USA (on the East and West Coast), plus additional deployments in six locations across Europe and Asia, as well as expansion in three existing geographies.
- FUJITSU Cloud PaaS RunMyProcess(R): Now rolled-out globally as a key component of the Fujitsu next-generation platform, systems integration and outsourcing businesses following the acquisition of RunMyProcess in April 2013. Based on a cloud platform that removes the technology barriers to digital transformation, Fujitsu is enabling its customers to rapidly create new connected systems that unlock the disruptive benefits of process digitization across on-premise, cloud and mobile environments. The foresight of the Fujitsu acquisition and the company's resulting move towards enabling customers' next-generation business models was recently recognised by the Frost & Sullivan 2014 Global Award for Customer Value Leadership. As part of the Fujitsu group, RunMyProcess has seen a significant increase in the size of customers adopting the platform, with recent roll-outs of the platform to tens of thousands of users globally.
- FUJITSU Cloud IT Management as a Service: Globally available, delivering the world's only unified approach to IT Management as a Service – in partnership with CA Technologies. Generation 7.5 of the Monitoring service is now available and a new version of the Service Desk solution will be available during the summer of 2014, significantly extending the ability to deliver value and unified services management.
- FUJITSU Cloud Backup as a Service: Globally available delivering cloud-based backup services for cloud and non-cloud systems – in partnership with EVault®. New functionality includes an appliance for cloud connected data protection so that data can be stored in a specific location. This means customers can meet specific compliance and governance requirements for data and provides flexibility on how the data recovery solution is deployed.
- Private Cloud Infrastructure: The choice of solutions announced in November 2013 will be broadened during 2014 with further major announcements for solutions using Fujitsu, OpenStack® and VMware® software technology. These will be available as integrated systems or reference architectures.
- FUJITSU Cloud Managed Hosting: This offering serves an emerging new market with strong predicted growth. It provides the managed services that enable customers to maximize their investment in Fujitsu Cloud IaaS or Private Cloud Infrastructures, without needing to manage the infrastructure and associated resources themselves, such as operating system, database, and security. This service will become available in more countries during 2014. Where currently available, the increase in uptake has been very strong.
- The FUJITSU Cloud Integration Platform was pre-announced in November 2013 as Fujitsu's approach to helping customers to manage a hybrid IT environment of cloud alongside non-cloud systems. The FUJITSU Cloud Integration Platform will allow clients to adopt cloud services that their business needs, whether from Fujitsu or third parties, and then aggregate, integrate and manage these alongside existing cloud and on-premise systems, in a consistent manner. The solution will ensure that the required levels of governance and control can be applied to all IT services while significantly reducing operational management costs. With an Early Adopter Program underway, Fujitsu is planning to roll out the platform on a phased approach around the globe.
Cameron McNaught. Executive Vice President, Solutions, Global Delivery, Fujitsu America, Inc.
"Fujitsu has a vision of a Human Centric Intelligent Society, one where social and business innovation is driven by the intelligent use of information and communication technologies. We see cloud as the natural platform for delivering these new types of applications, which is reflected in both the increase we are seeing in cloud adoption and how it is becoming a standard part of IT service delivery models for many CIOs today. We also recognize that no single cloud service provider can meet all customer needs, so we are continuing to invest in our cloud integration services."
Alexander Michael, Director of Consulting, ICT, Frost & Sullivan
"Fujitsu has established itself in the global cloud computing market with its diverse portfolio and attractive cloud offerings, in spite of the high competition. The FUJITSU Cloud Initiative is redefining the cloud landscape – it allows for management of cloud and non-cloud services and is available on-premise or on the cloud. Fujitsu solutions leverage the company's existing 25 cloud centers and 32 platforms, well-trained support services, innovation expertise and market leadership in cloud services. Given an end-to-end cloud services portfolio and unique value propositions, enterprises should definitely consider Fujitsu when evaluating cloud service providers. Fujitsu can be your partner throughout your cloud journey from adopting public cloud solutions to moving to a complex IT environment – underscored by its deep integration capabilities."
Many Fujitsu cloud services are now available globally. Pricing is project-specific and varies by region. Customers and all interested parties can contact Fujitsu Direct Sales for more information.
Notes to Editors
1 Frost & Sullivan White Paper: Cloud Computing: Creating Value for Business across the Globe, in collaboration with Fujitsu, April 2014: http://globalsp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/Publications/public/wp-frostsullivan-fujitsu-cloud.pdf
2 Fujitsu has developed a number of Offering Centers in its different regions based on skills, experience, and market maturity. For example: Mobile/Finland, IaaS Trusted Public S5/Japan, BaaS/United Kingdom, IaaS Private Hosted/Australia.
- ETERNUS CS Data Protection Appliances: http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/products/computing/storage/data-protection/
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter®: http://www.twitter.com/FujitsuAmerica
- Follow us on LinkedIn®: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook®: http://www.facebook.com/FujitsuICT
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/news/
Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 162,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$46 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu America, Inc. is a leading ICT solutions provider for organizations in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings and solutions, including consulting, systems integration, managed services, outsourcing and cloud services for infrastructure, platforms and applications; data center and field services; and server, storage, software and mobile/tablet technologies. For more information, please visit: http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/ and http://twitter.com/fujitsuamerica.
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo, RunMyProcess and "shaping tomorrow with you" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. EVault is a trademark or registered trademark of EVault, Inc. in the United States and other countries. OpenStack is a trademark or registered trademark of OpenStack LLC in the United States and other countries. VMware is a trademark or registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Twitter is a trademark or registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. in the United States and other countries. LinkedIn is a trademark or registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation in the United States and other countries. Facebook is a trademark or registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
- Professional Services
- Technology & Electronics
- cloud computing