BEDFORD, N.H., Feb. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- FuturePlus Systems, a world leader in cost effective computer analysis tools, today introduced the industry's first HBR3 DisplayPort Protocol Analysis tool http:/www.futureplus.com/display-port-fs4500/ The FS4500 is the only tool on the market that can monitor all the HBR3 traffic between any DisplayPort source and any DisplayPort sink. The FS4500 DisplayPort Protocol Analyzer will be used by embedded and systems designers involved in the development of computers and peripherals incorporating the DisplayPort technology. The new tool probes a DisplayPort bus at up to and including 8.1 Gb/s and provides a complete view of all the bus protocol on both the high speed main link and the Aux channel. "FuturePlus Systems has 25 years of protocol-aware bus analysis tool experience," said Barbara Aichinger, Vice President, FuturePlus Systems. "Other tools act as a reference source or reference sink in order to display the bus traffic. However that is not where most problems are. Engineers need to be able to monitor all the bus traffic between any source and any sink in order to ready products for the market. We enable DisplayPort designers to reduce development time using this new FuturePlus® product."
FS4500 Feature Highlights
- Full Link Layer protocol analysis at 8.1 Gbps on 1,2 or 4 lanes for a total of 32.4 Gb/s
- DP 1.4, DP. 1.3, eDP 1.3 and DP 1.2 and 1.1a can all be supported in one tool!
- Several target connection probes available for the High Speed Main Link: DP cable interposer, USB Type C interposer, eDP 30 and 40 pin interposers
- Main Link Layer protocol decoder displays all packets including secondary data packets, reconstructed pixel data, and audio packets
- DP Multi Stream Transport and Single Stream Transport modes supported
- Auxiliary channel protocol decoder displays all bi-directional traffic and users can trigger on any event
- The Probe Manager software executing on a PC controls the analysis probe over a USB 3.0 interface in real time and can set a not-pixel recognizer to trigger on any specific pixel data of any format
- Decodes and time correlates Aux and High Speed main link traffic
- 16Gbyte Main Link trace buffer allows for multiple frame capture and pixel by pixel analysis
- Helps find the source of your CTS (Compliance Test Spec) failures!
U.S. Pricing and Availability
The FS4500 DisplayPort protocol analysis probe, $80,000, less cables. Delivery is four weeks ARO.
About FuturePlus Systems
FuturePlus Systems Corporation is a privately held manufacturer of bus protocol analysis tools for the computer industry. FuturePlus Systems has authorized resellers in major countries worldwide. FuturePlus Systems is a member of the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA®). More information about FuturePlus Systems may be found on their web site at www.futureplus.com. FuturePlus is a registered trademark of FuturePlus Systems Corporation. DisplayPort and VESA are registered trademarks of the Video Electronics Standards Association.
FuturePlus Systems, 603-472-5905
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/futureplus-systems-announces-fs4500-displayport-protocol-analyzer-300407137.html