BEDMINSTER, N.J., Aug. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP, "GAIN" or "the Company") today reported certain operating metrics for the month of July 2013.
- Retail OTC trading volume1 of $141.7 billion, a decrease of 8.5% from June 2013 and an increase of 49.2% from July 2012.
- Average daily retail OTC trading volume of $6.2 billion, a decrease of 20.4% from June 2013 and an increase of 44.7% from July 2012.
- Active retail OTC accounts2 of 64,793, an increase of 1.0% from June 2013 and an increase of 5.6% from July 2012.
- Futures Daily Average Revenue Trades3 (DARTs) of 12,266, a decrease of 19.1% from June 2013.
- Total funded accounts4 of 95,046, a decrease of 2.0% from June 2013 and an increase of 26.8% from July 2012.
- Total retail customer assets5 of $461.3 million, a decrease of 3.3% from June 2013 and an increase of 43.8% from July 2012.
- Total institutional trading volume6 of $352.0 billion, a decrease of 4.2% from June 2013 and an increase of 124.1% from July 2012.
- Average daily institutional volume of $15.3 billion, a decrease of 16.7% from June 2013 and an increase of 92.5% from July 2012.
Historical metrics and financial information can be found on the Company's investor relations website at http://ir.gaincapital.com.
This operating data is preliminary and subject to revision and should not be taken as an indication of GAIN's financial performance. GAIN undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review previously reported operating data.
About GAIN Capital
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (GCAP) is a global provider of online trading services. GAIN's innovative trading technology provides market access and highly automated trade execution services across multiple asset classes to a diverse client base of retail and institutional investors.
GAIN's businesses include FOREX.com, which provides retail traders around the world access to a variety of global OTC financial markets, including forex, precious metals and CFDs on commodities and indices; GTX, a fully independent FX ECN for hedge funds and institutions; OEC, an innovative online futures broker; and GAIN Securities, Inc. (member FINRA/SIPC), a licensed U.S. broker-dealer.
GAIN Capital is headquartered in Bedminster, New Jersey, with a global presence across North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions. For further company information, visit www.gaincapital.com.
1 U.S. dollar equivalent of notional amounts traded
2 Retail OTC accounts that executed a transaction during the month
3 Average daily trades transacted by OEC customers
4 Retail accounts that maintained a cash balance
5 Amount due to clients, including customer deposits and unrealized gains or losses arising from open positions
6 U.S. dollar equivalent of notional amounts traded
- Investment & Company Information