BURLINGTON, VT--(Marketwire - Mar 29, 2013) - With the new garden clothing line from Gardener's Supply backyard comfort is meeting front yard style. Most gardeners are busy multi-tasking, whether it's walking the dog, running errands or going to the farmer's market -- and most busy women don't have the luxury of gardening for hours in succession.
Now, with the launch of the new garden clothing line, women gardeners can choose a stylish outfit and garden in comfort. The new line addresses women gardeners' top clothing complaint: overexposure. This concern results from bending, stretching and reaching in the ill-fitting old clothes that women usually choose for gardening. The new, task-specific women's clothing from Gardener's Supply, are designed to make gaping, creeping, bunching, binding and riding up a thing of the past.
A year in the making, Gardener's Supply's new specialty gardening clothing for women was designed in response to women gardeners' needs and desires. When the company couldn't find attractive, well-planned clothing designed for real women's bodies, they went to work creating it themselves.
Whether what garden clothing from the new line women gardeners choose -- the Best Buds Skort, Best Bud Bottoms Vest, the Perennial Favorite 3/4 Sleeve or Sleeveless Tee, the Zephyr Shirt or Petal Pusher Capris, they'll be treated to fit and function that maximize their precious gardening time.
"When they're going out to the garden, these will be the clothes that women reach for," says Liz Lawrence, a Gardener's Supply merchandise manager who collaborated on developing and designing the garden clothing line.
"We all want to be comfortable when we're moving that much," says Lawrence. "These clothes look great, so you can go ahead run some errands and then head back to the garden."
Gardener's Supply clothing provides complete comfort, easy movement and security with specific features that work for the variety of movements that gardening requires:
- A moisture-wicking, Dry-Flex waistband, cut below the navel in front for a flattering fit and slightly higher in back for coverage during bending and crouching, has a built-in drawstring and rear elastic to create a customized fit with no gaping.
- Generous inseams balance coverage and coolness.
- Double-layer, reinforced knees can take the stress of repeated bending and kneeling.
- A squat gusset provides bulk-free comfort while planting and weeding.
- Plentiful patch and zippered pockets are amply sized for tools, keys, a cell phone and more, keeping gear close at hand and safe from drops.
- Soft-but-sturdy, long-wearing SPF-50 clothing. The fabrics in earthy and garden-fresh colors are cool and comfortable on the skin but stand up to mud, thorns, stinging insects, moisture and sun. Lightweight CoolWorx SPF-50 polyester fabric in select tops feels cool and not clingy, and provides generous sun protection.
- Longer tails on tops prevent gaping and midriff exposure when bending and reaching.
- Button tabs on long-sleeve tops help sleeves stay put when rolled up.
- Hidden bra straps on select tops keep undergarments under wraps, and carefully designed scoop necklines don't fall open upon leaning down.
- Practical yet feminine styling means there's no need to change clothes to run to the garden center or grocery store, pick up the kids, or walk the dog.
All clothing items come in a full range of sizes: Tops are available in women's sizes XS to XL, and bottoms in women's even sizes 4-18. And all style is about accessorizing and the new garden line also includes the Puddle-Proof field bag, Bloomin' Smart Tool Belt and more.
Gardener's Supply, trusted since 1983 for its quality gardening gear, selected durable materials and classic styling to ensure every clothing item lasts season after season. Says Lawrence, "The Gardener's women's clothing line is exceptionally well made with great features, at a great value. It's clothing designed by gardeners, for gardeners."
To purchase these and other popular, new gardening items, gardeners may shop online at Gardener's Supply Summer 2013 or call 1-800-955-3370 for a free catalog.
Founded in 1983, Gardener's Supply is an employee-owned company of avid gardeners providing garden-tested, earth-friendly products combined with practical information. Located in Burlington, Vermont, the company has won many awards for its patented products and innovative management style.
- Clothes & Apparel
- Lawn & Garden
Office: 802-660-3507 ext. 5925