CHELMSFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Kronos Incorporated today announced that Genesco Inc., a Nashville-based specialty retailer of footwear, headwear, and sports apparel and accessories, has launched the Kronos hiring solution to help recruit, hire, and onboard top-notch employees.
- With more than 2,400 retail stores throughout the U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom, principally under the names Johnston & Murphy, Journeys, Journeys Kidz, Lids, Locker Room by Lids, Shi by Journeys, Schuh, and Underground by Journeys, Genesco was looking for a way to centralize and standardize hiring.
- With such distinct brands, Genesco’s concepts appeal to different applicant pools. Working with Kronos, Genesco hopes to better understand how to hire people who will flourish in each unique environment.
- Genesco has traditionally had a manual, paper-based hiring process. Candidates often had to visit a location to fill out a paper application and Genesco was not getting the volume of applications it felt it should. With Kronos, the pool of applicants will be larger, and the time to fill an open position will be reduced.
- Genesco store managers are tasked with managing their location’s hiring needs as well as their stores and providing great customer service. With Kronos, the hiring process will be entirely automated, greatly improving productivity and enabling store managers to be on the retail floor providing great customer service.
- Angela Dunn, vice president, human resources, Genesco Inc.
“We are excited to team with Kronos as we automate our hiring processes and identify the best employee fit for our business. Kronos was able to meet our needs as a multi-division retailer with a widely distributed workforce. We look forward to working with Kronos and to continuing to hire excellent employees for all of our locations.”
- Nick Ordon, vice president and general manager, hiring solutions, Kronos
“Genesco is home to some of the world’s best-known specialty retail names and customers expect premiere service at these locations. By automating its hiring process, Genesco will have access to more, better-qualified applicants who will raise the bar on customer service and give Genesco a competitive advantage. We look forward to working with Genesco on this important and mission-critical aspect of its business.”
- About Genesco Inc.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- Employment & Career
- Kronos Incorporated
Indrani Ray-Ghosal, +1 978-947-3042