BETHESDA, MD--(Marketwire -02/27/12)- GetWellNetwork, Inc.®, provider of the industry's leading interactive patient care (IPC) solution, experienced record growth in 2011 with a 35 percent year-over-year increase in live beds, fueled in large part by the signing of more than 25 new hospitals. Also supporting the company's success was significant expansion across the existing client base, the addition of new members to the GetWellNetwork leadership team, and the honor of receiving several top industry awards including the top vendor ranking for the second consecutive year in the Interactive Patient System category by KLAS.
Health care organizations across the country are implementing patient engagement solutions to drive performance improvement as pay-for-performance becomes a reality. Based upon documented success of GetWellNetwork's installed client hospitals in driving patient satisfaction, quality outcomes and reduced readmissions, leading organizations joined the GetWellNetwork community in 2011 at a record pace including:
- Sharp Memorial Hospital -- San Diego, Calif.
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital -- La Mesa, Calif.
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns -- San Diego, Calif.
- Nemours Children's Hospital -- Orlando, Fla.
- Kaiser Permanente Baldwin Park -- Baldwin Park, Calif.
- Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles -- Los Angeles, Calif.
- Naval Medical Center San Diego -- San Diego, Calif.
- Birmingham VA Medical Center -- Birmingham, Ala.
- Erie VA Medical Center -- Erie, Pa.
- Florida Hospital Celebration Health -- Celebration, Fla.
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford -- Palo Alto, Calif.
- University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital -- Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Texas Children's Hospital, West Campus -- Houston, Texas
- Texas Children's Hospital, Pavilion of for Women -- Houston, Texas
- Kettering Health Network -- Soin Medical Center, Beaver Creek, Ohio
- Lifespan Hasbro Children's Hospital -- Providence, R.I.
- Norton Healthcare Kosair Children's Hospital -- Louisville, Ky.
- Randall Children's Memorial at Legacy Emanuel -- Portland, Ore.
- Legacy Emanual Hospital -- Portland, Ore.
"Our hospital partners are facing multiple challenges from Meaningful Use and value-based purchasing to Accountable Care and reduced reimbursements. Leading organizations are proactively adopting strategies and actionable programs that can lead transformative change in their facilities. Our solution is being recognized as a key driving force for change," said Michael O'Neil, founder and CEO of GetWellNetwork. "We are humbled and excited to gain the trust of leading organizations across the United States. With our passion, commitment and innovation in IPC, GetWellNetwork has become a platform partner for patient engagement across the continuum of care."
In addition to client growth, GetWellNetwork achieved success in the form of industry awards. The company was named by KLAS the category leader for Interactive Patient Systems (IPS) for a second consecutive year as part of the 2011 Top 20 Best in KLAS® Awards: Software & Professional Services. The report stated that 100 percent of GetWellNetwork clients surveyed cited that they 'would buy again.' In addition, 100 percent of the clients also indicated GetWellNetwork was part of their long-term plans and 'keeps promises' in the area of service and support.
Helping raise the company to the next level in 2011 and assuring appropriate support for the rapidly growing client base was the expansion of the executive leadership team. Joining the company were Wellford Dillard, chief financial officer and Jeff Fallon, vice president, Business Development.
"We are thrilled with the success in 2011, and look forward to continuing that momentum in 2012 as we expand our reach to a greater number of healthcare institutions," said O'Neil. "We remain committed to investing in the talent and resources necessary to provide innovative solutions and high level customer support. There is a lot of work ahead to have the impact I believe we can have on patient care. These are exciting times for sure."
The GetWellNetwork Interactive Patient Care solutions offer a patient-centered approach that improves both the outcomes for patients and the hospital. Using the patient's bedside TV and iPad in the hospital, and at home using the Web, cable TV or any mobile device, GetWellNetwork provides unique technologies that help shape the patient journey providing an experience combining entertainment and award-winning education that together empower patients to take an active role in their care process.
GetWellNetwork, Inc. entertains, educates, and empowers patients throughout the patient journey using the bedside TV and iPad in the hospital, mobile devices, Web or Cable TV at home. This patient-centered approach improves both satisfaction and outcomes for patients and hospitals. Additionally, the company extends the value of existing IT investments by integrating seamlessly to leading HIT systems including Cerner, McKesson, Epic, Meditech, GE and Siemens.
GetWellNetwork is recognized by KLAS® as the leader in the Interactive Patient Systems category and exclusively endorsed by the American Hospital Association. More information about GetWellNetwork can be found at www.GetWellNetwork.com.