Last night, Alcoa kicked off second quarter earnings season with a beat.
Over the next several weeks, earnings reports will roll in with 72% of the S&P 500 set to announce quarterly results over a three-week period beginning July 14.
In a note to clients ahead of earnings, Goldman Sachs' Amanda Sneider highlights 22 companies the firm expects to beat expectations.
Many of the expected beats are just by a penny or three, but there are a few companies Sneider expects to soundly beat street estimates.
Goldman sees healthcare giant McKesson reporting a profit of $2.65 per share against Wall Street's current expectations for $2.36.
In the energy sector, Goldman also sees a number of companies beating expectations, notably CONSOL Energy, which the firm expects to report earnings per share of $0.37 against Street estimates for $0.26.
By sector, Goldman sees the most earnings beats coming from the Information Technology, Consumer Discretionary, Financial, and Energy sectors.
Here's the full table.
More From Business Insider
- Alcoa Rallies After Strong Earnings
- This Could Be The Most Important Earnings Season Of The Bull Market
- These 50 Stocks Make Massive Moves After Their Earnings Reports
- An Oklahoma Farmer Lost His Cellphone In 140 Tons Of Grain — 9 Months Later He Gets A Call From Japan
- GOLDMAN: These Are The 20 Cheapest Stocks In The Market
- Investment & Company Information
- Goldman Sachs