SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 27, 2013) - Marin Software (
Marin Software's report, "Google Shopping Ads: Product Listing Ads Deliver for Retailers," consists of statistics and trends uncovered through an examination of the Marin Global Online Advertising Index. The index consists of advertising data from leading global brands that manage more than $4 Billion in annualized paid search spend through Marin's platform.
- In October 2012, Google transitioned Google Shopping to a sponsored format, sparking a dramatic growth in PLA impressions and clicks. Advertisers have continued to embrace the richer and more engaging ad type, providing online shoppers with highly relevant and visual ad creative.
- Marin Software's report shows shoppers find PLAs much more relevant to their product searches than they do text ads. Year-over-year, the share of PLA clicks to standard text ads increased 93%. Likewise, in July 2013 the CTR of PLA ads -- the number of individuals that view an ad and subsequently click on the ad -- was 21% higher than the CTR of text ads.
- Fueled by consumer resonance, advertisers continue to increase their investment in PLAs. Marin Software found between October 2012 and July 2013 the share of PLA spend to standard text ads increased 59% with retailers allocating as much spend in June 2013 towards PLAs as they did during the popular holiday shopping month of November 2012. To win the battle for revenue, Marin foresees the level of spend directed to PLAs increasing to further highs in Q4 2013.
- As a result of advertisers' increased investment in PLAs, Marin Software's findings indicate the cost-per-click (CPC) of PLAs is also on the rise. Marin found in July 2013, PLA CPCs increased 53% year-over-year, while the CPC of standard text ads increased 10%. Despite the rise in cost, PLA CPCs still remain lower than the CPC of text ads. Marin believes high CTRs at low CPCs represent optimal performance conditions for advertisers.
- PLA best practices and additional PLA data figures are available in the full report, "Google Shopping Ads: Product Listing Ads Deliver for Retailers."
- "Product Listing Ads are a break through format for advertisers, but also a big step toward improving the online shopping experience for users," said Matt Ackley, chief marketing officer at Marin Software. "Google Product Listing Ads showcase what happens when users encounter relevant, engaging ads. There is no doubt the online shopping landscape has been significantly changed by PLAs and we expect even more notable results this holiday shopping season."
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding anticipated developments in digital advertising and the performance and impact of Google's Product Listing Ads. These forward-looking statements are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays, reductions or slower growth in the amount spent on online and mobile advertising; and (iii) unforeseen developments in the digital advertising industry generally and the PLA format specifically. These forward looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent reports on Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K that we may file from time to time. Marin Software assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
About Marin Software:
Marin Software provides a leading Revenue Acquisition Management platform used by advertisers and agencies to manage more than $4 billion in annualized ad spend. Offering an integrated platform for search, display, social, and mobile marketing, Marin helps advertisers and agencies improve financial performance, save time, and make better decisions. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices worldwide, Marin's technology powers marketing campaigns in more than 160 countries. For more information about Marin's products, please visit: http://www.marinsoftware.com/solutions/overview.
- Information Technology
- Technology & Electronics
- Marin Software