VIENNA, VA--(Marketwire - Oct 9, 2012) - Government agencies and commercial enterprises are inundated with both structured and unstructured data that they must analyze, extract essential information from, and act on, all under extreme time pressure. Doing this in a cloud environment with a solution that has both a big-data infrastructure and state-of-the-art analytics capabilities hasn't been an option -- until now.
Data Tactics' experience with data architecture, management, and engineering solutions provides advanced analytics for data extraction, resolution, and link analysis, as well as artifact-based search and geospatial capabilities. When coupled with NetApp's premier data storage platforms, NetApp and Data Tactics offer government agencies a robust and scalable big-data solution.
"The geospatial intelligence community struggles with the immense volumes of data and the need to derive value from that data," said Mark Weber, president of the NetApp U.S. Public Sector organization. "Our new partnership with Data Tactics will allow customers to develop advanced analytics for their individualized missions, and to do so in an analytic cloud environment."
Although NetApp has been offering big-data solutions that are effective for both geospatial and analytic workloads, this joint solution gives customers the ability to do both at the same time -- an advance that is particularly important in the intelligence and national security environment and is also applicable to the commercial and financial sectors.
"The ability to derive actionable intelligence from disparate datasets is what differentiates our geospatial intelligence community from the rest of the world," stated Lee Shabe, Data Tactics vice president. "The partnership between NetApp and Data Tactics will enable the geospatial community to consume, combine, and analyze big data in real time, while being able to scale globally with a secure cloud architecture."
Visit NetApp and Data Tactics at the GEOINT 2012 Symposium, October 8 through 11, at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando, Florida.
- Learn about NetApp solutions for educational institutions: http://www.netapp.com/us/solutions/industry/education.html
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
- Discuss this news in the NetApp Community, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with community members. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities
- Follow Data Tactics on Twitter: https://twitter.com/datatacticscorp
- Join Data Tactics on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Data-Tactics-Corporation/240715722615624
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DataTacticsCorp
- Connect with Data Tactics on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/data-tactics-corporation
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such. The use of the word "partner," "partnered," or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership between NetApp and any other company.
- Technology & Electronics
- Internet & Networking Technology
(on behalf of NetApp)