Grab your pencils! It's pop quiz time once again!
1. In the two weeks following the release of Apple's (AAPL) Q1 results on January 27, approximately how much money did the company reportedly spend buying back its own stock?
A. $140 million
B. $1.4 billion
C. $14 billion
D. $40 billion
2. Among the following, which exchange-traded fund has suffered the worst loss year-to-date (through February 11, 2014)?
A. iShares Russell 2000 Index (IWM) [tracks the Russell 2000 small cap index]
B. Market Vectors Russia ETF (RSX) [tracks the Market Vectors Russia index]
C. iShares MSCI Brazil Index ETF (EWZ) [tracks the iShares MSCI Brazil 25/50 index]
D. iShares MSCI Turkey ETF (TUR) [tracks the MSCI Turkey Investable Market index]
3. According to the Investment Company Institute, which class of long-term mutual funds has seen the largest amount of net new cash flows so far in 2014 (through January 29)?
A. Domestic Equity
B. World Equity
C. Taxable Bonds
D. Municipal Bonds
4. On January 29, the Federal Open Market Committee announced that it would once again slow the pace of its assets purchases to what amount per month?
A. $85 billion
B. $75 billion
C. $70 billion
D. $65 billion
5. Among the following, which company had to highest net revenue for the fourth quarter of 2013?
A. Satya Nadella
B. Shantanu Narayen
C. Alan Mullaly
D. Bill Gates, Jr.
7. Which company recently overtook Exxon Mobil (XOM) to become the second largest by market capitalization?
8. In the January jobs report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the headline unemployment rate declined slightly to 6.6%. But if you include all persons marginally attached to the labor force (people who wanted and were available for work and had looked for a job sometime in the prior 12 months, but who had not actively searched for work in the past 4 weeks) and people working part-time for economic reasons (involuntary part-time), then what was the unemployment rate in January (i.e., the U-6 unemployment rate)?
Post your score below. You're on the honor system!
Zacks Investment Research
- Investment & Company Information
- Investment Company Institute