REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 14, 2014) - Oracle (
With a small IT team, Greenball needed an enterprise-grade, end-to-end IT platform to optimize key business processes and support rapid company growth. To cost effectively address these challenges, Greenball selected Oracle Managed Cloud Services. With a robust, scalable and highly available enterprise application infrastructure, Greenball has been able to modernize its IT environment, improve customer service and reduce operational costs.
- Greenball Corp., a leading quality tire designer, manufacturer and distributor, is using Oracle Managed Cloud Services to optimize key business processes and support its rapid growth.
- In order to cost effectively meet the operational efficiency demands of the price-sensitive tire distribution industry, Greenball needed a highly robust, scalable and available enterprise application infrastructure that would conserve the resources of its small IT team.
- After a comprehensive evaluation of cloud offerings, Greenball selected Oracle Managed Cloud Services to help modernize its IT environment, improve customer service and reduce operational costs.
- With Oracle Applications Managed Cloud Service, Greenball was able to gain a fully supported and expertly managed Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) infrastructure that increased visibility into financial processes and supply chain costs, while providing the flexibility to scale with the company's growth.
- In addition, Oracle Technology Managed Cloud Service has helped Greenball further reduce costs by eliminating the need for a third-party Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) partner as the company expands its business with national retail chains that require EDI capabilities.
- The robust and scalable Oracle solutions also enabled Greenball to automate tire order processing, invoicing, and payment receipt, which accelerated processes and significantly reduced the costs, time and effort associated with invoice matching.
- The integrated, comprehensive and flexible platform has also enabled Greenball to cut order processing time from up to two days to just a few hours and create a First-In-First-Out (FIFO) warehouse management system that optimizes inventory management.
- The 24/7 availability, support and management provided by Oracle Managed Cloud Services have helped Greenball maintain global operations and focus its small IT team on strategic projects.
- "We have a small IT staff, so we must work very efficiently and optimize our resources as we expand our business," said Cindy Shieh, Information Systems Manager, Greenball Corp. "Oracle Managed Cloud Services have enabled us to effectively modernize and manage our IT infrastructure, while reducing the amount of time and resources required. As a result, we have been able to optimize key business processes ranging from supply chain management to invoicing and order processing, while also improving customer service and reducing operational costs."
Oracle Cloud Solutions
Oracle provides the industry's broadest and most complete portfolio of public, private and hybrid cloud offerings. Oracle Cloud delivers a broad suite of subscription-based, enterprise-grade Application, Social, Platform and Infrastructure Services. Oracle also provides a comprehensive portfolio of Managed Cloud Services for Oracle applications and technology deployed in a private cloud, and cloud products for customers looking to build and manage their own clouds.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Technology & Electronics
- Cloud Services