Today Groupon (www.groupon.com) (GRPN) announced the launch of Breadcrumb POS (breadcrumb.groupon.com), a free iPad app that enables quick-service eateries, salons, spas and retail merchants to replace their outdated cash registers with an easy-to-use solution that offers local businesses a low-price guarantee that will beat any comparable plan on credit card transaction fees. Breadcrumb POS expands the number of merchants currently served by the company’s Breadcrumb family of POS products from restaurants and bars to include all brick-and-mortar businesses.
In addition to having a cost-effective hardware package, Breadcrumb POS comes with Breadcrumb Payments–a service that offers:
- Rates of only 1.8 percent plus $0.15 per transaction (MasterCard, Visa and Discover) with no hidden costs or monthly fees
- Free processing on first $5,000 in credit card transactions (promotional offer)
Breadcrumb POS is far more advanced than traditional cash registers and comes with the following benefits:
- Fast and Easy Set Up – Download the free app, sign up for a payments account, connect a card swiper and optional printer and begin using an iPad to process transactions within minutes
- Powerful Features – Everything local businesses need to operate more efficiently and deliver outstanding customer service—log cash transactions, accept credit card payments, print or email receipts, calculate multiple tax rates, manage menu items, view transaction history and issue refunds
- Next-Day Deposits – In addition to low rates on credit card processing fees, merchants will receive their deposits within 24 hours—much faster than the typical experience of waiting two to three business days
- Business Insights – View in-depth, real-time reports on product mix, daily and monthly sales, past customer purchases and deposit records
- Free Live Support – Breadcrumb POS customers receive 24/7 phone technical assistance from a dedicated team of specialists
“With this launch we can help every local business replace their outdated cash registers with a modern, affordable, money-saving tool that allows them to save on credit card transaction fees and run their businesses better,” said Mihir Shah, VP Merchant OS. “The successful adoption of Breadcrumb Pro by restaurants and bars has been very encouraging, with some of the finest venues in the country using it to run their businesses. As a result, we decided to launch Breadcrumb POS and bring the power and simplicity of this product to more merchants.”
“What attracted us the most to Breadcrumb POS was how easy it was to install and use,” said Akansha Khosla, Manager, Rick’s Ice Cream, Palo Alto, Calif. “It enables us to speed up transactions during busy periods and easily calculate reports at the end of the day.”
Local businesses interested in learning more about Breadcrumb POS and other Breadcrumb by Groupon products and services can visit breadcrumb.groupon.com. Additional Breadcrumb by Groupon solutions include:
- Breadcrumb Payments - a payments service backed by a low price guarantee to save local businesses money on credit card transactions that offers rates of only 1.8 percent plus $0.15 per transaction (MasterCard, Visa and Discover) with no hidden costs or monthly fees
- Breadcrumb Pro – caters exclusively to restaurants and bars that require a more extensive set of features such as check and table management and time clock functionality
- Groupon Merchants App for iPhone and Android – enables local businesses to process credit card transactions, accept and redeem Groupon vouchers and measure the performance of Groupon deals
The Breadcrumb POS app can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store.
Low Price Guarantee: Some restrictions apply. See the terms and conditions at breadcrumb.groupon.com for details.
Breadcrumb by Groupon is a suite of powerful, cloud-based iPad and smartphone tools that help businesses operate faster, know their customers better and maximize revenue. Breadcrumb products include flexible, affordable iPad point-of-sale products and payments solutions for all businesses, which include a low price guarantee on credit card transaction fees, free installation assistance and 24/7 phone technical support. To learn more about Breadcrumb by Groupon products and to see them in action, visit breadcrumb.groupon.com.
Groupon (GRPN) is a global leader in local commerce, making it easy for people around the world to search and discover great businesses at unbeatable prices. Groupon is reinventing the traditional small business world by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deals, payments processing capabilities and point-of-sale solutions to help them attract more customers and run their operations more effectively. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers incredible deals on the best stuff to eat, see, do, and buy in 48 countries. With Groupon, shoppers discover the best a city has to offer with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods. To subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.Groupon.com. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.GrouponWorks.com.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, and actual results could differ materially from those discussed. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to, the factors included under the headings ''Risk Factors'' and ''Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations'' in the company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 and subsequently filed quarterly reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which may be obtained by visiting the company’s Investor Relations web site at http://investor.groupon.com or the SEC’s web site at www.sec.gov. You should not rely upon forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot guarantee that the future results, levels of activity, performance or events and circumstances reflected in the forward-looking statements will be achieved or occur. Moreover, neither we nor any other person assumes responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the forward-looking statements. We undertake no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements for any reason after the date of this press release to conform these statements to actual results or to changes in our expectations.
Groupon and Breadcrumb are registered trademarks of Groupon, Inc. IPad is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Other company and product names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.