GUADALAJARA, Mexico--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V. (NYSE: PAC; BMV: GAP) (“the Company” or “GAP”) today reported its consolidated results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2013. Figures are unaudited and have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”), issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (“IASB”). All amounts are presented in nominal pesos.
Summary of First Quarter 2013 vs. First Quarter 2012:
- The sum of aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues increased Ps. 98.0 million (9.0%). Aeronautical revenues increased by Ps. 47.3 million (5.6%) and non-aeronautical revenues increased by Ps. 50.7 million (21.5%) (non-aeronautical revenues include revenues from checked baggage inspection services). Total revenues, which include improvements to concession assets (IFRIC 12), increased Ps. 55.9 million (4.5%), due to the fact that the combined increase of aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues was offset by a Ps. 42.1 million decrease in revenues from improvements to concession assets (IFRIC 12).
- Cost of services decreased Ps. 14.5 million (5.4%), mainly as a result of a Ps. 13.6 million decrease in maintenance costs (primarily due to certain maintenance on infrastructure and equipment, which were scheduled for the second quarter in 2013, whereas in 2012 they occurred in the first quarter) and a Ps. 4.6 million decrease in other operating costs. These declines were partially offset by increases in the costs of employees, security and insurance, which together increased Ps. 3.7 million.
- Government concession taxes and the technical assistance fee increased Ps. 4.8 million (9.0%) and Ps. 5.4 million (14.2%), respectively.
- Operating income increased Ps. 80.9 million (15.4%).
- EBITDA increased Ps. 102.2 million (14.1%), from Ps. 724.7 million in 1Q12 to Ps. 826.9 million in 1Q13. EBITDA margin increased from 58.1% in 1Q12 to 63.5% in 1Q13 (excluding the effects of IFRIC 12, EBITDA margin increased from 66.8% in 1Q12 to 69.9% in 1Q13).
- Net income and comprehensive income increased by Ps. 112.2 million (26.4%).
For the full version of this report please visit www.aeropuertosgap.com.mx
- Investment & Company Information
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V.
Miguel Aliaga, Institutional and Public Relations Officer
Rodrigo Guzmán, Chief Financial Officer
52 (33) 38801100
In the U.S.
i-advize Corporate Communications
Maria Barona, 212-406-3691