CINCINNATI, OH--(Marketwired - May 13, 2013) - May is National Home Improvement Month and the perfect time to tackle those home repairs or improvements that you have been putting off. For help accomplishing these tasks on time and under budget, get in contact with your local Handyman Connection who can provide you with the assistance you need to complete your projects.
If you aren't entirely sure what type of home repairs, maintenance or improvements you should be making to your home on a yearly basis, don't worry, Handyman Connection can help with a brief overview of what you could be doing to improve or repair the interior AND exterior of your beautiful home.
On the interior of your home, consider these home improvement ideas or home repair projects during National Home Improvement Month:
Fix leaky faucets
- Not only can leaky faucets be extremely annoying, they can waste up to 750 gallons of water during the summer! 1
Address potential moisture problems
- Water-stained walls can be the early signs of a greater moisture problem in your home that can lead to damaged drywall and toxic mold. Get on top of this problem before it costs you thousands of dollars to make replacements.
- Investigate the attic for leaks and you could save yourself up to $5,000 on drywall and roof repairs. 2
Reinstall weather stripping
- If you want to save some money on your energy bills, reinstalling weather stripping could help by reducing the amount of air leaks in your home. It can help you save an average of $80 on air conditioning alone!
As far as your home's exterior is concerned, here are a few projects that you should look into:
- A fresh coat of paint is one of the best ways to refresh the look of your home and protect it at the same time. But if these two reasons aren't enough for you, repainting your home can do wonders for increasing your home's market value. May temperatures are often ideal for exterior painting.
Repair damaged window or door frames
- As with the weather stripping, replacing broken door and window frames can help seal your home and provide better insulation. This is also important for keeping out seasonal moisture, which can lead to toxic mold growth.
- Making repairs to your deck is crucial before the onset of summer. The last thing you want is to have a party in your backyard only to have someone crash through a rotted deck plank or fall down the stairs due to a weakened railing!
Clean out gutters
- Get rid of all the debris that winter deposited into your gutters to avoid water damage and repairs that could cost you up to $10,000. 2
May is the perfect month for general home repairs and home improvements because it is generally the time of year when the weather is most conducive to exterior home repairs. It is right after the severe winter and the rainy spring, and before the high temperatures of summer. The items listed above are general home repair ideas that should be made to your home every year, or few years in the case of painting. If there are more specific home maintenance services that your situation calls for, do not hesitate to give your local Handyman Connection a call today.
About Handyman Connection
In 1993, Handyman Connection (http://www.handymanconnection.com) became the first home improvement and repairs firm to offer franchises. The company specializes in small to medium home improvements, repairs and remodeling. Handyman Connection has franchises throughout North America, each locally owned and operated and backed by the corporate franchisor. To find a location nearest you that can help you accomplish all your home improvement needs, visit our site today. For more information, follow us at facebook.com/HandymanConnectionCorporate and twitter.com/handymancorp
- Home & Garden