NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
American Express today announced the opening of a new proprietary Centurion Lounge at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport on October 15, 2013. Set to open in Terminal D, the 9,000 square foot airport lounge will be a haven that helps American Express Card Members relax, recharge and reboot. Entry to The Lounge is complimentary for Platinum Card and Centurion members. Other American Express® Card members can enter The Lounge for a fee of $50. Among the featured amenities included are:
- Onsite professionals to provide Card related and travel related services like reservations at restaurants, airlines and hotels.
- Complimentary spa therapies from the award-winning lifestyle brand, exhale®
- Card Members can taste Southwestern cuisine designed by local celebrity chef Dean Fearing, creator of Fearing’s Restaurant in Dallas and named by James Beard Foundation as Best Chef: Southwest
- Enjoy a Texas-inspired signature cocktail created by renowned mixologist Jim Meehan or a glass of wine from a selection curated by our wine director Anthony Giglio.*
- Access to Wi-Fi, use of personal computers and noise-buffering workspaces.
* Must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcohol. Please drink responsibly.
“For some travel is an exciting adventure, for others, it is a cause for stress. Our aim is to enhance our customer’s journey from the time they enter the airport to when they return home,” said Gary Portuesi, VP of Travel Innovation, American Express. “Dallas/Fort Worth, a very popular airport for our Card Members, is the second in an expanding series of domestic airport lounges for American Express. Our lounges are a key opportunity to both demonstrate our exceptional service and reinforce the benefits of Membership.”
Unlimited, complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge is the latest in a suite of travel benefits that offer Platinum Card members curb-to-curb amenities that can save time, money and hassle.
- At the Airport and in the Air: Platinum Card members can use their $200 Airline Fee Credit** to offset their selected airline’s charges for incidental fees such as baggage fees, lounge day passes, in flight meals and beverages, or Wi-Fi.
- Save Time at Security: Card Members enrolled in Global Entry can use TSA Pre✓™, an expedited security screening program for select travelers, who are flying in the U.S. and select international destinations on participating airlines from specific airports. Selection for expedited screening is made on a per flight basis and is not guaranteed. Learn more at tsa.gov.
- With Time to Spare: In addition to The Centurion Lounges, Platinum Card members can gain access to select domestic airline lounges and more than 600 international Airport VIP lounges in 100+ countries with Priority PassTMSelect.
- Get in and out with your car quickly: Complimentary memberships including special upgrades and discounts at Avis, Hertz and National Car Rental.
- At the Hotel: Card Members who book through the Fine Hotels & Resorts program and stay at one of more than 700 properties will receive a room upgrade (upon availability), daily continental breakfast for two, 4 p.m. late check-out, and an additional special amenity such as a spa or dinning credit.
- On the Road: The Platinum Travel Service help Card Members make the most of their trip such as travel and dining services.
- Value Abroad: There are no Foreign Currency Transaction Fees** for Platinum Card members.
- Back Home Again: Save time and bypass arrival lines at most major U.S. airports when you return from international travel. Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved travelers. When you use your eligible Centurion or Platinum Card to apply for Global Entry membership, we'll credit the $100 application fee, and if approved, your membership will be valid for 5 years. Card Members can receive one $100 credit every 5 years for an application fee charged to each eligible Card. Additional Cards tied to Centurion and Platinum Cards are also eligible for the $100 statement credit. To receive the credit, the application must be charged on the Additional Card.
**Benefit ONLY available for Consumer and Business Platinum Card Members.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and help build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/companies/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
- Airline Industry
- Travel & Tourism
- American Express
Sravanthi Agrawal, 212-640-0870
Vice President, Public Affairs