Stocks are up nicely in the United States, and some of the most heavily shorted stocks are leading the way. This was pointed out to us by Dave Lutz of Stifel, Nicolaus:
- Intel (INTC) is up 2.7 percent.
- Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD) is up 2.7 percent.
- Cerner Corp (CERN) is up 2.5 percent.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD) is up 2.0 percent.
- O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY) is up 1.4 percent.
- Walt Disney (DIS), AT&T (T), and Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) are all up 1.1 percent.
From a sectoral perspective, tech stocks are leading the way, up 1.9 percent, while utilities are the biggest laggards, up only 0.2 percent.
More From Business Insider
- Hedge Funds Are Buying Into This Market While Mom And Pop Are Selling At The Fastest Pace In 19 Months
- CHART OF THE DAY: The Epic Implosion Of The Green Energy Bubble
- The Hottest Investment Idea On Wall Street
- Investment & Company Information
- Pioneer Natural Resources