Starbucks has updated its app to support Apple's new Passbook app. Passbook is built into the new operating system for iPhones and iPads and allows you to store gift cards, airplane tickets, movie passes, and the like.
If you have the latest version of the Starbucks app, you can integrate it with Passbook. Here's how to do it:
- Make sure you download the new version of the Starbucks app.
- Next open the app. Make sure that you have signed in with your Starbucks account. You will need a registered Starbucks Card in order for this to work.
- After you're all signed in, head to the "My Card" section at the bottom. The app will prompt you to add your card to Passbook the first time you sign in.
- In case that doesn't work, simply tap "Manage" and you will be given the option to "Add Card to Passbook."
Now, when you go into Starbucks simply pull out your phone and open the Passbook app. It's that simple.
In addition to managing your Starbucks Card, the updated app can also alert you when you are close to favorite stores. The Passbook app is location-aware, so it will automatically display your Starbucks card on your lock screen when you near your favorite shop.
Starbucks Passbook integration only works in the U.S., for now.
More From Business Insider
- iPhone 5 Wi-Fi Bug Causing Extra Data Charges For Some
- Apple Never Planned To Include A Mapping App On The iPhone
- There's A Nasty Bug In The New iPhone Software That Won't Let Some Connect To Wi-Fi
- Technology & Electronics