SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 25, 2013) -
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight, the leading on-demand mobile booking app, announced today it has expanded into Central Europe, adding hotels in Prague, Czech Republic; Budapest, Hungary; and Vienna, Austria.
- HotelTonight launched internationally in June 2012 and has rapidly expanded into 12 countries in Europe and has had over 2M European app downloads. In addition to its entrance into Central Europe, HotelTonight has also continued to establish its presence in existing European markets with the recent launch of new cities including:
- Bilbao and Seville, Spain
- Venice, Italy
- Bordeaux, France
- West Coast, Ireland
- Frankfurt, Germany (soon to come!)
- Valencia, Spain (soon to come!)
- Today, HotelTonight is announcing the addition of new North American destinations to its roster, including:
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Florida Keys, Pensacola and Panama City Beach, Florida
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Sedona, Arizona
- Whistler, BC, Canada (Victoria is coming soon!)
- In September 2013 alone, HotelTonight will launch in close to 40 new destinations. With the addition of these international and domestic cities, HotelTonight now offers last-minute, spontaneous hotel deals in 150 destinations globally.
- HotelTonight also recently released a new version of its iPhone, iPad and iPod touch apps. The new release, HotelTonight 5.0, is optimized for Apple's latest operating system, iOS 7. Aside from a streamlined, sleeker-than-ever design, HotelTonight 5.0 includes a new feature that allows customers to easily scan and add their credit cards, creating a more seamless booking and travel experience.
- HotelTonight also announced the addition of HighRoller suites today, a new category of hotel inventory that will be offered on the app. With HighRoller, HotelTonight customers can book top luxury suites which are normally unavailable on other mobile and web channels. The HighRoller category offers exclusive accommodations at unbeatable values, up to 50% off the regular rate, and provides hotels with the opportunity to sell their unfilled high-end luxury suites, penthouses and villas.
- HighRoller is currently available in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and New York City, with more cities rolling out in the near future. Notable HighRoller suites on the app include:
- The Thompson Penthouse at 6 Columbus, a Thompson Hotel, a 1200 square foot, two-story penthouse suite with floor-to-ceiling windows, three private terraces and two marble bathrooms.
- The Bungalow Suite at the Palms Casino Resort, a 1500 square foot suite adjacent to the Palms Pool, with a private pool-view balcony and a private lanai with a Jacuzzi.
- The Presidential Suite at the Montage Beverly Hills, a 2000 square foot suite with a full kitchen, balcony, views of the Hollywood Hills and its own Baby Grand piano.
- HotelTonight is also announcing today the recent hire of Sam MacDonnell as Vice President of Engineering. MacDonnell brings an impressive track record of leading large product and development teams to build great things. In addition to spearheading the development team to optimize the app's performance, Sam will design a dynamic recruiting strategy to attract top engineers to the HotelTonight team.
- These announcements come just two weeks after the mobile-only hotel booking company announced $45M USD in Series D financing led by Coatue Management, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $80 million in funding and established itself as the leader in mobile travel. By delighting users with a beautiful product that's easy and natural for anyone to use, HotelTonight is breathing new life into the travel industry and fundamentally changing the way people think about booking hotel stays.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Download the app here: http://www.hoteltonight.com/now
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at noon local time, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel rooms at great values in 150 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking. Guests can book up to a five-night stay on the app.
- All hotels are screened by the HotelTonight team, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2 a.m. local time.
HotelTonight was launched in 2011 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in 150 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California with a London-based European office, HotelTonight is backed by some of the top venture firms and travel-industry pioneers in the world. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.
- Travel & Tourism