SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - May 8, 2013) -
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight (http://www.hoteltonight.com/), the leading last-minute hotel booking app, released a redesigned version of its iOS app today. Version 4.3.0 introduces "Snap Your Stay" and the "HT Price Guarantee," two innovative new features designed to help HotelTonight customers book rooms on the app with more confidence than ever.
- The iPhone app's new "Snap Your Stay" feature allows customers to photograph and share images from their hotel stay with friends and other HT users. HotelTonight already features custom photography and personally vets all the hotels displayed on the app, but this new addition takes things a step further by allowing customers to see what a hotel looks like as captured by fellow HT bookers. HotelTonight is the first booking app to let customers take and share photos of their hotel stay.
- HotelTonight is exclusive to mobile, meaning everyone who books on the app has a camera in the palm of their hand. Sharing via photo with your iPhone or iPod touch is easy, quick and intuitive -- just like the HotelTonight app. Here's how it works:
- After a booking is made, guests can view their receipt in the app and tap "Snap Your Stay" to take photos of the hotel.
- The app will prompt guests to complete a set of photos of the hotel bed, bathroom, view, lobby and exterior, plus a cool find of their choice.
- Editing tools and a light filter help guests snap great hotel photos. The feature saves the photos as you go, and shows the percentage of the set that is complete -- getting to 100% is part of the fun of booking with HT.
- From there, guests can share these photos via Facebook or Twitter. Photos from HT bookers will appear on the Info tab of a hotel's profile alongside other useful information about the property.
- Version 4.3 of the HotelTonight app features a new Photos tab with a feed of the best HotelTonight user photography. Browse & live vicariously through users' travel experiences and favorite their photos -- for both travel inspiration and future exploration!
- For users, the benefits of the "Snap Your Stay" feature are threefold -- allowing them to view unbiased user-generated hotel photos, letting passionate HT fans have fun contributing to the app and showing off their own stay, and providing trip-inspiring visual entertainment. For hotels, the feature is a new marketing channel, promoting them to potential new guests by encouraging customers to brag, document and share their experience at HotelTonight partner properties.
- At the launch of Snap Your Stay, HotelTonight will award bookers $5 USD for each completed photo set and $10 USD for stays that make the Photos tab by being a stellar travel photo. Additionally, HotelTonight will reward top HT photographers with additional credits and something even more valuable: fame. Great, high-quality photo sets will be published as a digital coffee table book.
- The Snap your Stay feature will initially launch on iPhone and iPod touch and roll out to iPad and Android devices soon.
- Today, HotelTonight also launched the "HT Price Guarantee." HotelTonight now guarantees its rates against competitors' offerings. On the off chance the HotelTonight rate is beat, the company will offer the booker HT credits equal to the difference in price.
- HotelTonight is the only hotel booking app that's made for mobile from the ground up, and is consistently a top travel app in the App Store and Google Play. The app has an average App Store rating of 5 out of 5 stars and 4.4 out of 5 stars in Google Play.
- Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $35 million in funding and established itself as the leader in mobile travel. By building apps that allow users to easily book incredible same-day hotel deals at great properties, HotelTonight is revolutionizing the way consumers book travel.
- HotelTonight is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com/HotelTonight, and on Google Play for any Android device at www.hoteltonight.com/android.
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at noon local time, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel rooms at great values in over 90 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking. Guests can book up to a five-night stay on the app.
- All hotels are personally vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2 a.m. local time.
Sam Shank, Co-Founder and CEO, HotelTonight:
"In January 2011, we set out to change the way that people book travel. In a little over two years, we've seen a dramatic shift towards the on-demand, mobile consumer, with HotelTonight leading the charge. Just as we reinvented the hotel booking, today we reinvent the hotel review. Travel reviews are near and dear to me, coming from my experience at TravelPost where we built at its peak, one of the largest hotel review sites, and we've spent a lot of time at HotelTonight thinking about how to reimagine reviews for the mobile age. With today's release, we've successfully done that, making reviews visual, easy to submit and something you do during your stay, in the moment -- and most importantly, we've made them fun."
HotelTonight was launched in 2011 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in close to 100 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California with a London-based European office, HotelTonight is backed by some of the top venture firms and travel-industry pioneers in the world. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.
- Technology & Electronics
- Travel & Tourism