PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 1, 2013) - HP (
HP also announced new single-function printers, multifunction printers (MFPs), scanners and solutions that streamline customers' digital and paper processes and increase business productivity.
The proliferation of data created by a growing mobile workforce is driving organizations to rethink how they conduct business and manage their information. HP addresses this challenge with a "New Style of IT." This includes delivering business printing technologies that accelerate productivity in a hybrid paper-and-digital world.
"Organizations need to adapt quickly to the changing landscape of information technology, which includes dealing with the vast amounts of data and processes created by a growing mobile workforce," said Pradeep Jotwani, senior vice president, LaserJet and Enterprise Solutions, HP. "New innovations and an updated LaserJet printing portfolio help improve customers' mobile print experience and transform the management of digital and print workflows for potentially greater business performance."
Simple and more secured mobile printing
By 2015, 37 percent of the global workforce will be mobile.(1) Organizations must be able to respond to the mobility megatrend with solutions that are easy to use, increase efficiency and help reduce security risks.
New HP mobile printing solutions include:
- The HP 1200w Mobile Print Accessory and HP JetDirect 2800w for FutureSmart Fleet enable wireless direct and near field communication (NFC) touch-to-print capabilities(2) from smartphones, tablets and notebook PCs for a new and existing installed base of 40 million HP LaserJet and Officejet customers.(3) These accessories are affordable and easy to install via USB or by placing them in the device's hardware integration pocket.
- HP LaserJet Enterprise M800 series is the industry's first enterprise printer and MFP series with touch-to-print functionality and wireless direct.(4) These devices simplify the way customers can safely print, allowing them to do so from any NFC-enabled smartphone or tablet with just one touch. Within this series, the HP Color LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M880 and the HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M830 also feature HP's Flow document management technology to streamline digital and paper processes and accelerate business workflows for enterprise customers.
- Updates to HP ePrint Enterprise(5) offer enhanced connectivity features and expanded device support for environments using mobile device management solutions. HP now offers a version of the ePrint Enterprise app for BlackBerry 10, as well as Android and iOS versions of the HP ePrint Enterprise for Good(6) app helping mobile users print content secured by the Good suite of solutions. Additionally, the HP ePrint Enterprise server software will support WiFi printing from the native print path on certain mobile devices.
- HP Flow CM Professional 1.2, the latest update to the company's cloud content management offering, includes powerful Autonomy Intelligent Data Operating Layer (IDOL) search capabilities resulting in better, faster search results from cloud storage. Additionally, multipage mobile capture with HP Pagelift technology makes it easier to snap clear, useable files from mobile devices, and a new multiuser import capability simplifies the experience for IT managers. HP Flow CM is now available in Canada, as well as the United States.(7)
- HP Capture and Route 1.3 now offers iOS and Android mobile client support making it easier to manage, update and store information accurately and efficiently. In addition, users can now scan from HP Officejet Pro X and other HP devices directly to HP Flow CM Professional and Google Docs for cloud storage.
HP extends LaserJet portfolio
New printing solutions for enterprise and small and medium-sized business (SMB) customers help them integrate business workflows with digitized processes. Updates to HP's business printing portfolio include the first enterprise Flow scanner and HP's smallest MFP to date:
- HP Scanjet Enterprise Flow 5000 s2: Further extending HP's Flow platform, this desktop scanner is a fast and dependable option for streamlining workflows by transforming paper into editable digital files. Users can scan to multiple formats and send documents directly to cloud storage, like HP's Flow CM, network folders or SharePoint. Additionally, HP EveryPage technology helps users avoid missed pages in scanned files.
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M125/M127 series: Includes HP's smallest MFP with monochrome print, scan, copy and fax(8) capabilities, and is the first in its class to offer a 3-inch color touchscreen panel.
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M176/M177 series: Satisfies traditional multifunction printer needs for SMBs requiring extended workflow management. It also acts as a hub for an organization's document management(9) capabilities via connections with cloud services like HP Flow CM Professional, Google Docs or Box.net.
- HP Embedded Capture: New serverless content capture solution designed to facilitate the scanning of images by allowing customers to create their own personal workflows, streamline processes and help boost productivity.
- HP Access Control 13.0: Updates to this security solution include support for the HP Officejet Pro X series and enhanced non-HP device support to enable more secured pull printing and authentication. Customers can experience a consistent level of device support regardless of the make-up of an organization's fleet of devices.
Additional information about these new HP imaging and printing offerings is available at www.hp.com/go/CommercialPPSFall2013.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) IDC, "Mobile Printing Landscape, Transition to Early Adoption," August 2012, Doc. No. 236258.
(2) NFC technology is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish radio communication with each other by touching them together or bringing them into close proximity.
(3) The HP 1200w Mobile Print Accessory is compatible with 2008 or later Oz or Phz-based HP LaserJet printers. The HP JetDirect 2800w for FutureSmart Fleet is compatible with any HP FutureSmart-enabled printer or MFP.
(4) Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
(5) HP ePrint Enterprise requires HP ePrint Enterprise server software. App-based option requires Internet- and email-capable BlackBerry smartphone OS 4.5 or newer; iPhone® 3G or newer, iPad® and iPod Touch® (2nd gen) devices running iOS 4.2 or later; or Android® devices running version 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, with separately purchased wireless Internet service and the HP ePrint Enterprise app. Email-based option requires any email-capable device and authorized email address. Solution works with PCL5/6, PCL3, and PCL3GUI printers (HP and non-HP).
(6) Requires license from Good for Enterprise and Good Dynamics.
(7) HP Flow CM Professional is available in US and Canada only and through select HP partners.
(8) Fax capability only available on M127.
(9) Document management capabilities only available on M177.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2013 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- Information Technology
- Technology & Electronics
- HP LaserJet
- mobile device management