DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, today announced that it had launched a one-stop bring your own device (BYOD) mobile office solution at the upcoming Gulf Information Technology Exhibition (GITEX) 2013 in Dubai. Huawei's BYOD solution offers one-stop services and products for enterprise network, security, devices as well as management platforms, providing speedy and comprehensive mobile office deployment for enterprises. Covering different application scenarios such as corporate headquarters, subsidiaries, mobile offices, public places and employees' homes, the solution also enables more flexibility and consistency in the evolution to informatization among enterprise customers.
The emergence of BYOD has revolutionized the traditional workplace in recent years. As highlighted in a whitepaper published by IDC in June this year titled "Driving Business Value with BYOD", BYOD and enterprise mobility are much more than helping enterprises to maintain current IT systems. In fact, a holistic BYOD and enterprise mobility strategy can largely improve business and operational performance within the enterprise generating sustainable competitive advantages at the same time.
Seeing a huge potential in the application of BYOD, Huawei has been conducting research and development of its own BYOD solutions since 2009. With BYOD technologies, Huawei aims to create new business opportunities for customers from all industries, helping them evolve steadily into advanced mobile office technologies. As a result of Huawei's continuous innovation and experience in ICT infrastructure, apart from speedy and comprehensive deployment, Huawei's one-stop BYOD solution showcased at GITEX 2013 highlights the following three features in terms of security, wireless network and mobile applications:
1. Integrated mobile office platform enables all-round security and total lifecycle management from enterprise data to applications, network and device:
- With an integrated mobile office platform, internal and external cross-platform security protection enables support on multiple authentication, one-time configuration and unified distribution of the proxy providing customers with 5A (anyone, any device, anywhere, anytime, anything) experience.
- The solution ensures zero data leakage and adopts sand box technology to separate private data from corporate information. An end-to-end encryption covering the whole process from user applications to network equipment has been incorporated in the solution to effectively secure against information espionage. The segregation of corporate and private data can safeguard the company's information while maintaining easy access to personal data, ensuring a smooth user experience.
- The full life-cycle device management feature manages the life cycle of mobile devices, from purchase to deployment, operation and recycling. The security protection also extends to full life cycle management, from access authorization to employee resignation or loss of device, ensuring a secured life cycle of devices.
2. 100% network coverage with absence of blind zone, as well as 20% increase of coverage area and improvement in throughput rate:
- Through refined planning and verification of the WLAN, the BYOD solution is able to achieve 100% network coverage with no blind zone at any time, enhancing overall network experience.
- Due to the smart antenna's sophisticated industrial design, the coverage area of a single access point is 20% higher than industry average. Less number of access points is needed, reducing the complexity of network planning as well as deployment costs.
- The multi-user business throughput rate is 20% higher than equivalent industry products which can increase network performance, improve user experience and enhance satisfaction.
- The solution offers different energy-saving solutions tailored for different scenarios, saving up to 20% of energy consumption which can lower operating costs and increase energy efficiency.
3. Flexible and secured platform for launching applications, ensuring operational synergy among different mobile office environments and devices, maintaining quality of working experience:
- Providing a flexible, secure launching platform for launching applications, single applications can be delivered across multiple platforms. Mobile applications and relevant data are synchronized, ensuring easy expansion and consistency among different business operations.
- Only a single key is needed to switch between different devices and network applications, reducing the possibility of service interruption. Adopted in different working scenarios, this feature aims to improve work efficiency of users.
- Personal office desktop profiles can be mobilized through mobile desktop cloud. Users can access the same desktop profile from any locations and enjoy the complete set of data with unchanged user experience. Devices can be switched in a plug-and-play mode without interrupting the applications running on the desktop.
- Consistent business experience can be enjoyed on multiple devices, reducing adaptation time, improving work efficiency and enhancing user experience.
Huawei's BYOD solution was launched and showcased at Huawei's booth at GITEX 2013 from October 20-24, 2013. Experts from Huawei will be available to share and discuss the ICT trend and insights into the BYOD industry.
For more information about Huawei's participation at GITEX 2013, please visit: http://enterprise.huawei.com/topic/GITEX2013_en/index.html
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
For more information, visit Huawei online: www.huawei.com
- Technology & Electronics