DENVER, Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- What is Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien's favorite way to enjoy potatoes? "Twice-baked, stuffed with light cheese and veggies – YUM!" says the best-selling author, TV personality and nationally recognized voice in weight management.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/63243-us-potato-board-guilt-free-potato-recipe-contest-hungry-girl-lisa-lillien
The US Potato Board (USPB) is thrilled to partner with Hungry Girl to encourage nutritious, guilt-free potato eating year-round. To kick off the fall season, Lillien created a recipe that is sure to become a weeknight family favorite, and can even double as an easy appetizer for entertaining: Mashie-Topped Meatloaf Cupcakes. These mini meatloaves are made in a muffin tin for individual-size portion control and are topped with creamy mashed potatoes made with light sour cream.
"How can you not love potatoes? Potassium, vitamin C, fiber, and just 110 calories in a 5.3-oz. skin-on spud," says Lillien. "With many unique colorful types to choose from and so many ways to prepare them, potatoes ROCK!"
Inspired by Hungry Girl's creative and guilt-free potato recipe? Hungry Girl and the USPB invite you to enter the Guilt-Free Potato Goodness recipe contest on the Potatoes, Taters & Spuds Facebook page. Simply submit your original, mouth-watering and guilt-free potato recipe for the chance to win a trip for two to Los Angeles, CA, and a meet-and-greet with Hungry Girl herself at her brand-new Hungryland headquarters! Enter the contest by March 28, 2014. Click here for official contest rules.
For further inspiration, Hungry Girl just released her official "Top Ate" reasons to love potatoes:
- Potatoes are seriously satisfying! Get this -- a study of nearly 40 common foods found that potatoes deliver the most satisfaction. WOW!
- A 5.3-oz. skin-on spud (the size of a computer mouse) has 45% the daily value of vitamin C and only 110 fat-free calories. Potatoes also have fiber!
- Dining out? Top a plain baked potato with salad-bar goodies like broccoli & salsa... SO good!
- White veggies are underrated and provide key nutrients we need. In fact, potatoes have even more potassium than bananas!
- Gluten-free alert! Potatoes are a great alternative to pasta and bread... You can even make lasagna with spud slices instead of noodles.
- Russets, reds, purples, fingerlings, yellows, whites & petites... So many delicious possibilities!
- HG Lisa's favorite way to eat a potato? Twice-baked, stuffed with light cheese and veggies... YUM!
- Potatoes are ALWAYS in season. Put 'em on your grocery list today.
Visit www.potatogoodness.com to learn more about Hungry Girl's love for potatoes and to find hundreds of healthy and creative potato recipes. You can also sign-up to receive the US Potato Board's weekly recipe email to receive a new recipe in your email in-box each week.
About the United States Potato Board
The United States Potato Board (USPB) is the nation's potato marketing and research organization. Based in Denver, Colorado, the USPB represents more than 2,500 potato growers and handlers across the country. The USPB was established in 1971 by a group of potato growers to promote the benefits of eating potatoes. Today, as the largest vegetable commodity board, the USPB is proud to be recognized as an innovator in the produce industry and dedicated to positioning potatoes as a nutrition powerhouse—truly, goodness unearthed.
About Hungry Girl
Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) has turned her appetite for better-for-you food finds, recipes, and swaps into a multimedia phenomenon -- from a free daily email service with more than 1.2 million subscribers (hungry-girl.com) to a super-successful book series and a hit cooking show that airs on both Food Network and Cooking Channel. Her realistic approach to eating has shown hungry people everywhere that they can eat the foods they crave and still fit into their favorite jeans. Lisa is not a nutritionist, a dietitian, or a doctor. She's just hungry...
- Food & Cooking
- Hungry Girl