MATAWAN, N.J., July 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- iCIMS, Inc., a leading provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) talent acquisition software solutions for growing businesses, announces the release of a new research eBook, "Why Would I Want to Work for You?" After a two-part series of research eBooks focused on insights for today's job seekers, iCIMS offers guidance for employers on how to attract the best hires by showcasing their corporate culture. A complimentary download of the eBook is now available on Hire Expectations Institute™.
"Having a well-defined company culture as part of your recruitment strategy attracts and engages people who will be a good fit for your organization," said iCIMS Chief Marketing Officer, Susan Vitale. "Our research indicates that employee referrals account for 34% of all hires – knowing this, it is up to employers to leverage their company culture to attract the best hires, retain their top players, and encourage their 'A' performers to refer their friends. This research eBook highlights the elements are the most compelling to job seekers, and in particular, which workplace features attract best-fit talent."
Through a survey of more than 400 job seekers, iCIMS collected data on which pieces of company culture are important when searching for a career match. Some of the key findings from the research eBook include:
- Job Seekers Prefer Environments That Encourage Collaboration – Almost 50% of job seekers prefer a "clan" type of culture at their company, which is defined as a collaborative and team-oriented environment. Twenty-one percent of respondents cited a competitive atmosphere as their preferred work environment, with 19% electing to work in a culture that allows for more creative freedom. Only 11% chose a hierarchy culture, which is defined as a controlled environment.
- Employees Want Access to Training & Development – When ranking employment perks from most important to least important, job/skills training and development was at the top of the list. Additionally, 50% of employees report insufficient career development and training from their current employers.
- Job Seekers Want Their Manager to be Their Mentor – Over 40% of those surveyed say they want to be managed by someone who is more like a coach or a mentor. Approximately 30% prefer a hands-on manager, and 10% of job seekers like a democratic manager.
- An Open Office Floor Plan is Preferred – Job seekers of all ages pointed to an open office floor plan as their favorite, with nearly 40% of all respondents preferring no walls or cubicles at their workplace. Thirty-four percent of people ages 18-29 cited a team office, a semi-enclosed work space for small group collaboration, as their second choice, and only 11% of people ages 30-44 prefer a cubicle floor plan.
"iCIMS is focused on providing the most innovative talent acquisition solutions, but we also know that combining the right HR technology tools with a deep understanding of what candidates want from prospective employers is key," said Vitale. "We're proud to provide valuable insights, such as the findings in this research eBook, and powerful solutions through iCIMS' talent acquisition suite with Connect, Recruit, and Onboard. iCIMS aims to improve efficiencies for growing businesses and provide the thought leadership materials they need to stay competitive in their search for best-fit talent."
To view the full research eBook and more research on today's best practices and talent acquisition industry trends visit iCIMS' thought leadership site, the Hire Expectations Institute.
About iCIMS, Inc.:
iCIMS, a leading provider of innovative Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) talent acquisition solutions, is an Inc. 500 and Software Satisfaction honoree focused on helping businesses win the war for top talent through the implementation of easy-to-use, scalable solutions that are backed by award-winning customer service. iCIMS' Talent Platform, the industry's premier candidate management solution, enables organizations to leverage mobile, social, and video technologies to manage their entire talent acquisition lifecycle from building talent pools, to recruiting, to onboarding all within a single web-based application. With more than 2,500 clients worldwide, iCIMS is one of the largest and fastest-growing talent acquisition system providers with offices in North America, UK, and China. To learn more about how iCIMS can help your organization, visit http://www.icims.com or view a free online demo of the iCIMS Talent Platform.
Trademarks and registered trademarks contained herein remain the property of their respective owners.
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Takeovers
- talent acquisition