NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Clear Channel Media and Entertainment today shared details of the social media engagement surrounding its 2013 iHeartRadio Music Festival, which took place in Las Vegas on September 20 and 21. This year’s festival drove record-breaking buzz across all social media platforms, with more than 700K active social media users generating a total of 1.4M pieces of content and 2.3B total impressions, double the amount vs. prior year.
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter were the leading channels for conversation around the 2013 festival. Photo-sharing experienced a breakthrough at this year’s festival, with Instagram posts accounting for 23% of all social media activity, as compared to less than 1% in 2012. Other statistics of note include:
- 97,202 social media posts and 1,297,909 interactions were generated about the festival, resulting in 1,440,304 total pieces of buzz
- Miley Cyrus topped the artists discussed during the festival, followed by Katy Perry, Queen and Chris Brown
- Social media interactions were skewed female (66% of content came from women) and young (48% of the social media contributors were 18-24 year olds); 83% of all people who participated were under 34 years old
- iHeartRadio’s brand partners benefitted from 38M social impressions over the festival weekend
- The festival generated 38 trending topics on Twitter over the course of the weekend, with iHeartRadio trending worldwide both nights
This year's two-day iHeartRadio Music Festival brought to life the music of the iHeartRadio app and offered fans an opportunity to enjoy a weekend of incredible live music and surprise performances by their favorite artists. The iHeartRadio app, which reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history, delivers everything listeners want in an all-in-one platform: instant access to more than 1,500 radio stations from across the country, user-created Custom Stations inspired by a favorite artist or song, thousands of curated digital stations “Perfect For” any mood or activity, and the new iHeartRadio Talk feature giving users access to the best on-demand news, talk and entertainment content available today.
About Clear Channel Media & Entertainment
With 243 million monthly listeners in the U.S., Clear Channel Media & Entertainment has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. Clear Channel Media & Entertainment serves 150 markets through 840 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones, and used via navigation systems. iHeartRadio, Clear Channel's digital radio platform, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 225 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history.
The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online and mobile services and products, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. Clear Channel Media & Entertainment is a division of CC Media Holdings, Inc. (CCMO), a leading global media and entertainment company. More information on the company can be found at ClearChannel.com.
- Arts & Entertainment
- iHeartRadio Music Festival
Angel Aristone, 212-377-7802