FRANKFURT, Germany, Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At CPhI Worldwide in Frankfurt last week, Indian pharma's growth and future were the subject of a number of interviews with key representatives of the Indian government, industry, and the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF). The videos, produced by CPhI Pharma Evolution TV (accessible here: www.pharmaevolution.com/archives.asp?videoblogs=yes), examine India's pharma sector from private and public perspectives.
What emerges is the image of a government committed to ensuring growth and quality, as well as senior corporate managers who are investing in methodologies such as pharmaceutical quality by design (QbD) and technologies such as continuous manufacturing to get there. India's motto at CPhI was: "Credible, Affordable, and Sustainable."
Included among the interviews are:
- Sudhanshu Pandey, Joint Secretary, Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, emphasized India's commitment to pharmaceutical manufacturing and quality and its inherent strengths in skilled workforce, R&D, and chemistry. He outlined its parallel challenge of increasing access to affordable healthcare for its 1.2 billion citizens, as well as addressing the global market.
- Dr. S. E. Reddy, Deputy DCGI, Central Drugs Standard Control Organization, discussed the need for a dynamic approach to pharmaceutical regulation, to ensure product safety and efficacy.
- Dr. R. Ananthanaryanan, President, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd., talked about the country's strength in APIs and its growing presence in finished formulations.
- Arvind Vasudevan, CEO, Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.'s formulation business, reviewed his company's plans as it moves into specialty injectables and biopharma markets, as well as plans to introduce new technology platforms, including continuous manufacturing of metformin.
- Aparna Dutt Sharma, CEO, IBEF, discussed IBEF's history and plans in the pharma sector. "We're really in the business of storytelling," she said, and bringing the world a greater understanding of India's strengths and contributions. She mentioned the fact that India is home to 24 Deming Prize winners, for instance, and that it has the world's second largest pool of scientists and engineers.
- Dr. P. V. Appaji, Director General, Pharmaceutical Export Promotion Council of India (Pharmexcil), discussed market growth and plans for Indian pharma. Pharma exports reached $14.7 billion in March of this year, he said, and by March 2016 they are expected to reach $25 billion.
These video interviews are available on CPhIPharmaEvolution.com, and additional interviews with Dr. Reddy and Dr. Ananthanaryanan will be available on the site later this week.
India Brand Equity Foundation (www.ibef.org), a trust foundation, aims to promote the Made in India label in overseas markets. IBEF is a knowledge center for global investors, international policy-makers, and world media seeking updated, accurate, and comprehensive information on the Indian economy, states, and sectors. IBEF regularly tracks government announcements in policy, foreign investment, macroeconomic indicators, and business trends.
Editor in Chief, CPhI Pharma Evolution
CPhI drives growth and innovation at every step of the global pharmaceutical supply chain from drug discovery to finished dosage. Through exhibitions, conferences and online communities, CPhI brings together more than 100,000 pharmaceutical professionals each year to network, identify business opportunities and expand the global market. CPhI hosts events in Europe, China, India, Japan, Southeast Asia, Russia, Istanbul and South America co-located with ICSE for contract services, P-MEC for machinery, equipment & technology, InnoPack for pharmaceutical packaging and BioPh for biopharma. CPhI provides an online buyer & supplier directory at CPhI-Online.com and hosts a global community with news and analysis at PharmaEvolution.com.
About UBM DeusM
UBM DeusM (www.deusm.com) is an integrated marketing services company owned by UBM plc, targeting the fastest growing segment of the online publishing industry: business social media. The company is led by Managing Director Stephen Saunders, Min's Marketer of the Year 2010. He and the other UBM DeusM principals have built and delivered more than forty-five successful sites and online communities over the last 2 years. UBM DeusM's service is based on a unique platform, called Community in a Box (CiaB), which employs a structured system of proven B2B Web publishing best-practices, combined with a breakthrough integrated multimedia publishing platform ("n-Server") to enable marketers to quickly and profitably set up specialized communities for their target customers.
About UBM Live
UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands, and expand their markets. Through premier brands such as TFM&A, Internet World, IFSEC, MD&M, CPhI, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, Websites, and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors.
- Health Care Industry
- Professional Services
- India Brand Equity Foundation