CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Carrier Ethernet Equipment market size and forecast report, which tracks investment, penetration, and use of carrier Ethernet products in service provider networks.
“Carrier Ethernet is now a permanent, inseparable part of service provider networks, and the market has reached a steady state of investment as a result,” notes Michael Howard, principal analyst for carrier networks and co-founder of Infonetics Research. “Though spending on legacy technologies like SONET/SDH and WDM will decline, investment in IP routers, carrier Ethernet switches, and Ethernet access devices will continue to rise, driven by the move to IP NGN and, of course, growing traffic—particularly video traffic.”
Howard adds: “We see the carrier Ethernet market growing slow but steady over the next 5 years, reaching about $39 billion in 2017.”
CARRIER ETHERNET EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global carrier Ethernet equipment market declined 3% to $34 billion in 2012, following a 13% spike in 2011
- Spending on IP edge routers totaled $9.4 billion in 2012, the most of any carrier Ethernet equipment segment
- Asia Pacific currently accounts for the greatest portion of carrier Ethernet equipment revenue, followed by EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa); by 2017, Infonetics expects North America will have passed EMEA to become the 2nd largest carrier Ethernet market
- Infonetics projects Carrier Ethernet equipment ports will top 95 million worldwide by 2017, with 10 Gigabit Ethernet growing fast to pass 1 Gigabit Ethernet
CARRIER ETHERNET REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ Carrier Ethernet report provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for the Ethernet portion of equipment used in carrier networks, including switches, IP core and edge routers, SONET/SDH, WDM, VDSL, Ethernet access device (EAD), EPON, and microwave equipment, as well as ports by speed. Companies tracked: Actelis, ADTRAN, ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Brocade, BTI Systems, Calix, Ceragon, Ciena, Cisco, Cyan, DragonWave, Ericsson, Extreme, Fujitsu, Huawei, Infinera, Juniper, NEC, Nokia Siemens Networks, RAD Data, Telco Systems, Tellabs, Transmode, Zhone, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events for details on all webinars.
- Fiber in the Air: An Alternative for Next-Gen Backhaul (May 8: Register)
- Securing and Managing Mobile Devices in a BYOD World (May 14: Register)
- Preparing Enterprise Networks for a Wireless Multi-Device World (May 15: Register)
- Leveraging Hotspot 2.0 for Carrier WiFi Networks (May 16: Register)
- Integrating SDNs Into the Service Provider Network (Sponsorships available)
- Infonetics May Carrier Ethernet, Routing, Switching research brief: http://bit.ly/18OUrGb
- Investment in copper Ethernet access devices (EADs) challenges claim that copper is 'dead'
- Infonetics predicts resurgence in 2013 for carrier router and switch market
- Operators reveal their data center plans in latest Infonetics study
- Mobile backhaul market passes $8 billion, driven by HSPA/HSPA+ and LTE deployments
UPCOMING MARKET SHARE / FORECAST REPORTS & SURVEYS
- Core & Edge Router/CES Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey
- Ethernet & IP MPLS VPN Services
- Mobile & CDN Routing Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey
- SDN, 40G/100G & MPLS Control Plane Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey
- SDN Platforms
- Service Provider Routers & Switches - 1Q13 Edition
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3395
Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
- Investment & Company Information
- carrier Ethernet