SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 17, 2013) - InMage, the trusted software for backup and replication of physical and virtual servers, Windows, Linux and Unix assuring near zero RTO at the data center level, today announced Scout version 7.
Based on true continuous data protection (CDP) technology, InMage Scout is a single, easy to use solution to protect, monitor and recover the broad range of platforms today's enterprises use. With this latest release, InMage introduces key features that will enhance operational efficiency including:
- InMage platform now extends DR protection for high availability clustered and mission critical apps and databases such as Oracle, Oracle RAC and DB2 that are the foundation for SAP and other ERP in Windows, Linux, Solaris and now AIX.
- InMage's Scout 7 eliminates a serious functional gap with recovery capabilities for multi-hypervisors and physical servers through Scout's P2V, V2V and V2P support for failover and failback, now available to the broadest physical and virtual environments including Linux servers.
- Comprehensive protection for Windows 2012 and Hyper-V 2012, including hypervisor based replication for Hyper-V.
- InMage delivers real near Zero RTO -- measured at the data center and key multi-tier application level not just a single server.
- With InMage's robust software tools, IT staff have expanded and flexible methods for DR testing without disruption to primary servers or pausing replication.
"InMage's new enterprise worthy features with Scout V7 will greatly enhance a customer's capabilities for recovery. The new AIX support follows the successful Continuous Data Protection (CDP) architecture that InMage has developed for other UNIX, Linux and Windows platforms," said Ben Woo, Analyst, Neuralytix. "The ability to leverage a single solution for both backup and replication reduces administration time and overall costs, and can also scale easily and cost-effectively as needed, no matter what types of storage or platforms are added to an IT environment."
InMage is the tested and trusted provider of Backup and DR software that can meet the most demanding environments, encompassing both virtual and physical servers, from the Desktop-to the Data Center -- to any Cloud selection. InMage makes it possible to switch between on premise to Cloud strategies, migrate to new devices and keep the DR operations autonomous from selection of Storage, Servers, Hypervisors or Cloud type.
"Version 7 enhances the strength of Scout 6 by delivering a comprehensive solution with advanced management capabilities for backup and recovery. InMage offers our channel partners a tremendous advantage over competing products by providing true heterogeneous storage support in any environment and that in turn greatly benefits end users," said Kumar Malavalli, CEO, InMage Systems.
Availability & Pricing:
InMage Scout 7 is now available. For more information, visit: www.inmage.com for a reseller in your area or contact your Value Added Reseller.
- Technology & Electronics
- continuous data protection
Jennifer Sparks Bocchino
Sparks & Associates