5:51 am S&P futures vs fair value: -10.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -28.40. :
5:50 am European Markets : FTSE...6889.74...-63.80...-0.90%. DAX...11352.53...-83.50...-0.70%.
5:50 am Asian Markets : Nikkei...20543.19...-26.70...-0.10%. Hang Seng...27466.72...-130.40...-0.50%.
5:19 am Amgen enters into a collaboration with Roche (RHHBY) on a Phase 1b study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of talimogene laherparepvec in combination with Roche's atezolizumab in patients with triple-negative breast cancer and colorectal cancer with liver metastases (AMGN) : The rationale for combining these two investigational agents is to activate an anti-tumor immune response with talimogene laherparepvec and to block inhibitory T cell checkpoints with atezolizumab, to potentially increase the anti-tumor activity relative to each agent alone.
5:19 am Qunar provides updates on recent events in-lieu of its earnings announcements; rejected take-over offer from Ctrip.com (CTRP); entered partnership with Baidu (BIDU) (QUNR) : Co provided an update on some recent events following its quarterly report
- On May 8, 2015, co received an unsolicited offer from Ctrip.com (CTRP) to acquire all of our outstanding shares. Co declined to pursue it in a letter response dated June 1, 2015.
- On June 1, 2015, Baidu (BIDU) and co agreed to terminate the Zhixin cooperation agreement with immediate effect.
- Co believesthe termination is in the best interests of the shareholders of both companies. Under this agreement, in consideration of the Zhixin page views Baidu delivered to us in 2014, Baidu was granted warrants exercisable for 11.45 million of our class B ordinary shares and Baidu fully exercised such warrants. There will be no additional warrants granted to Baidu under this agreement.
- In connection with the termination of the Zhixin cooperation agreement, Baidu agreed to pay us a fee of RMB207 million.
- On June 1, 2015, Co also entered into a business cooperation agreement with Baidu, under which Baidu has agreed to grant Qunar an exclusive right to integrate hotel information and products into the PC and mobile app versions of Baidu Maps.
- Under this agreement, Qunar will display location-based hotel data through the Baidu Maps interface. This agreement will expire in May 2016 subject to the renewal negotiation between both parties.
5:15 am Genmab A/S has entered into an agreement for an exclusive license from Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) to a panel of human antibodies targeting CD19 together with associated intellectual property (GNMSF) : The CD19 protein expressed on certain hematologic cancer cells is seen as a promising target for the treatment of these cancers. Genmab will make a one-time $4 million licensing payment to Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) upon execution of the license. Other financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
5:03 am On The Wires (:WIRES) :
- Qumu (QUMU) announced the Qumu Developer Portal. The portal contains a collection of resources for the Qumu developer community.
- Akamai Technologies (AKAM) and Trustwave announced a new strategic alliance designed to help businesses more effectively fight a wide range of malicious online activities through vulnerability assessment, denial of service prevention and incident response.
- Brite Semiconductor, an emerging ASIC design services firm headquartered in Shanghai, China, announced the collaborative development of a design platform roadmap with key industry partners, including Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMI).
- Progress (PRGS) announced the release of two new drivers for its DataDirect enterprise data connectivity suite. The new drivers for MongoDB and SparkSQL add to an already robust portfolio of drivers to better enable integration and support of more than 200 of the most popular data sources.
4:55 am Medigus receives additional supply order from NASA for its micro ScoutCam (:MDGS) : Co announced that the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (:NASA) has awarded them with an additional supply order of Medigus' micro ScoutCam technology, consisting of specially designed miniature video cameras and advance video processing equipment, for use on NASA's Robotic Refueling Mission
- Pursuant to the order, Medigus will develop specially designed cameras, with a CMOS sensor, based on NASA's specifications. Medigus will supply NASA with the specially designed cameras for implementation on the next generation of the VIPIR.
4:27 am Cellcom Israel announces controlling sharehoder announcement regarding co's possible rights offering (CEL) : Following the co's announcement earlier regarding the Board's instruction to the Company to consider the possibility of a rights offering, Discount Investment Corporation, the Company's controlling shareholder, has announced that if such Rights Offering will be effected by the Company, DIC intends to exercise all subscription rights offered to it and purchase additional shares if possible, pursuant to the Rights Offering, for a total investment amount which will not exceed NIS 100 million.
3:49 am On The Wires (:WIRES) :
- Astellas Pharma (ALPMY) and Anokion SA announced an agreement to collaborate in the fields of type 1 diabetes and celiac disease.
- STMicroelectronics (STM) announced that its Cardiff satellite SoC is powering the new Skyworth Digital HD set-top box.
- Intel (INTC) announced products and solutions that will deliver new user experiences and support the computing ecosystem's expansion into new areas.
- Cray (CRAY) announced the establishment of its European, Middle East and Africa headquarters at the Company's new office in Bristol, United Kingdom.
- Ruckus Wireless (RKUS) announced that it is working with Smartac Group China Holdings to help build Ruckus Smart WiFi networks covering more than 300 passenger stations for three major railroad systems in China-Beijing, Guangzhou, and Lanzhou.
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI) debuted its new MicroBlade system and 2U Ultra 4-Way SuperServer alongside the industry's widest range of server, storage and networking solutions this week at Computex in Taipei, Taiwan.
3:38 am Brookfield Property Partners acquires acquire Center Parcs UK from Blackstone (BX) (BPY) : Blackstone (BX) and Brookfield Property Partners L.P. (BPY) announce that a Brookfield-managed fund has agreed to acquire Center Parcs UK for an undisclosed sum from funds managed by Blackstone's private equity and real estate businesses. The transaction is due to complete by the end of July.
2:47 am On The Wires (:WIRES) :
- Qualcomm (QCOM) announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Atheros, is launching the industry's first hybrid wireless range extender utilizing Qualcomm Atheros' leading HomePlug AV2 multi-input/multi-output Powerline and 802.11ac Wi-Fi technologies.
- In response to customer demand for Ford's (F) newest products, the company this year will produce close to 40,000 extra units by idling select plants for only one week during what has been the traditional two-week summer shutdown.
- Level 3 Communications (LVLT) and Optus Wholesale and Satellite announced that Level 3 is providing deep-edge caching services that will enable Optus to locally cache high-demand content on its network.
- CGG (CGG) announced that it has completed in record time the fast-track results for a 1,748-square-kilometer BroadSeis 3D marine acquisition and depth imaging project for one of the world's largest international oil companies.
- Sigma Designs (SIGM) announced the launch of a highly integrated, single chip low power G.hn CG5300 family of chipsets minimizing overall bill of material cost, form factor and design costs.
2:12 am Youku Tudou partners with Disney (DIS) for its Marvel marketing platform in China (YOKU) : Youku Tudou (YOKU) has partnered with Disney (DIS) to be the exclusive online movie marketing platform in China for its Marvel collection of movies and TV series. This cooperation will see the Disney's Marvel brand and Youku Tudou's position to drive online marketing through promotion of trailers, online ticketing, live events and original programming dedicated to silver screen movies.
1:33 am On The Wires (:WIRES) :
- Chevron (CVX) advised that the Big Foot tension-leg platform will be moved to sheltered waters from its location in the deepwater U.S. Gulf of Mexico following damage to subsea installation tendons. The tendons were pre-installed in preparation for connection to the Big Foot TLP. Between Friday, May 29 and Sunday, May 31, 2015, several tendons lost buoyancy.
- Calix (CALX) announced a trio of new products which will leverage standards-based G.fast technology to bring a gigabit experience to subscribers located in multi-dwelling unit, multi-tenant unit, and high-density single family unit dwellings.
- HP (HPQ) announced that its currently shipping portfolio of Windows-based PCs are expected to be able to upgrade to Windows 10 when available on July 29, 2015.
- LaunchPad Medical announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to license Stryker's (SYK) bone adhesive technology. LaunchPad has received an exclusive worldwide license from Stryker for this technology which is covered by four issued and three pending U.S. patents and includes data from multiple pre-clinical animal studies.
- Qualcomm Technologies, a subsidiary of Qualcomm (QCOM), and Allwinner Technology announced that they will be collaborating to further extend QTI's Snapdragon processors into the connected tablet segment which is experiencing strong growth.
1:02 am Air Lease amends and extends its $2.66 bln senior unsecured revolving credit facility (AL) : Co announced it amended and extended its four-year unsecured revolving credit facility with JPMorgan Chase Bank, as administrative agent and the lenders named therein whereby the Company extended the maturity date from May 5, 2018 to May 5, 2019 and increased the revolving commitments thereunder by an additional $350 million. The Syndicated Unsecured Revolving Credit Facility remains priced at LIBOR plus 125 basis points with a 25 basis point facility fee, subject to reductions based on improvements in the Company's credit ratings.
12:59 am Qunar commences public offering of 8,000,000 ADSs; further details unavailable (QUNR) :
12:54 am TravelCenters of America enters sale leaseback transactions wtih Hospitality Properties Trust (HPT); expects net proceeds of $352 million (TA) : TravelCenters of America (TA) announced that it has entered agreements with Hospitality Properties Trust (HPT) for sale leaseback transactions for 30 travel centers totaling approximately $397 million. Under these agreements TA also will purchase from HPT five travel centers now leased by TA and subleased to TA franchisees for approximately $45 million. The net proceeds to be realized by TA of approximately $352 million (before transaction costs) are expected to produce gains on sales for financial reporting purposes of approximately $137 million.
- Health Care Industry
- rights offering