REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 4, 2012) - Oracle (
- Oracle today announced that Interactive One, the leading digital media company serving Black and Latino Americans, is using Oracle Database Appliance to improve performance and dramatically decrease its hardware footprint.
- Interactive One is the digital link to urban consumers, reaching millions of Black and Latino audiences with more than 60 unique brands on both a national and local level.
- As Interactive One grew, it needed to rethink its database infrastructure to meet changing performance requirements. The environment consisted of a full rack of storage, servers and switches, including components from 3PAR and SGI that ran six database instances of a custom-built application running approximately 20 million OLTP queries per day.
- Recognizing this environment was both expensive to maintain and complex, Interactive One turned to Oracle Database Appliance as the cornerstone of its server refresh and consolidation strategy.
- Interactive One deployed Oracle Database Appliance with Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) to assure high availability in a system that's engineered for simplicity, and as a result, was in production a few weeks after purchase in January 2012 -- with storage capacity to spare.
- By replacing a full rack of servers and storage hardware that ran six database instances with just two Oracle Database Appliances running two database instances, Interactive One significantly increased performance with ample capacity to grow while reducing its rack footprint by 80 percent, and correspondingly reduced power and cooling costs.
- Cintra Software & Services Inc., Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), Cintra Software & Services, Inc., worked with Interactive One to procure the Oracle Database Appliance.
- "For our server refresh and consolidation project we were looking for a solution that would significantly reduce our footprint without affecting performance," said Piotr Motykiewicz, Vice President of Technology and Product, Interactive One. "Oracle Database Appliance not only fit our needs for this project but also addressed our storage issues. We were able to get it up and running easily and started to see the benefits right away. With Oracle, we effectively removed cost and complexity from our datacenter without compromising performance and availability for our user community, while shoring up our infrastructure for future growth."
- About Oracle Database Appliance
- About Oracle Database 11g
- Oracle Database Appliance Datasheet
- Connect with Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.