KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, Feb. 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The 8th Annual Nuclear Power Asia conference, organized by Clarion Events, taking place in Kuala Lumpur from 7-8 March 2017 will see the gathering of regulators, nuclear energy agencies, operators and licensors from the international and regional nuclear community and those at the forefront of nuclear developments in Asia.
Over the two-day programme, 30+ senior speakers will share on new build and new capacities in Asia along with their visions in how nuclear power can reshape regional economic and energy landscape, with a specific focus on unique challenges for the ASEAN region.
International expert speakers who will be sharing their insights on the latest happenings in the nuclear industry include:
- Dato Sri Hajah Nancy Haji Shukri, Minister from the Prime Minister's Department in Malaysia who will deliver an Opening Address giving an overview on Malaysia's nuclear development plans.
- Dohee Hahn, Director of the Division of Nuclear Power, Department of Nuclear Energy, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Austria who will Deliver a Keynote Address giving an overview on Global Nuclear Power development from the IAEA perspective.
- Vakis Ramany, Senior Vice-President for Development, EDF Group, UK will talk about how to build a strong domestic supply chain for nuclear power projects and implement a successful localization programme sharing examples from the recent Hinkley Point C (UK) experience.
- Dr. Gerald Ouzounian, Director of the International Division, Andra, France will share international perspectives on nuclear waste management including developing a policy for decommissioning, waste management and disposal.
- Dr Sanjayan Velautham, Executive Director, ASEAN Centre for Energy, Jakarta, will deliver a Keynote Address on Asia's nuclear power development with a particular focus on ASEAN.
- Edward McGinnis, Deputy Assistant Secretary for International Nuclear Energy Policy and Cooperation, Office of Nuclear Energy, Department of Energy, United States will discuss the role of nuclear energy in a low carbon future including environmental partnership between nuclear and renewables to combat climate change.
- Sultan Al Qahtani, Head of QA Program, Nawah Energy Company (ENEC), UAE will share developments from the UAE new nuclear plant.
- Lin Haomiao, Regional Project Manager, China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC), China will talk about the strategies for Human Resource Development for nuclear newcomer countries.
A press conference with the Ministers and Keynote Speakers will be held on Day One, 7 March 2017.
We hereby invite representatives of the media to cover the 8th Nuclear Power Asia, which will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 7-8 March 2017.
Representatives of the media interested in being accredited to cover the two-day conference should register their interest via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be confirmed only upon receipt of an e-mail with a registration link from the organizer's end, which would enable applicants to register for free press pass of the event.
Event dates and location
7-8 March 2017
Hotel Istana KL, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
For more information, interviews and media accreditation:
Marketing & Communications
Clarion Events Pte Ltd