ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Intertek, a leading quality solutions provider to industries worldwide, today announced the launch of a centralized, Chemical Testing SuperCenter in the Chicagoland area. The SuperCenter offers chemical testing to ensure product compliance to regulations such as EU’s Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS and RoHS2), Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemical substances (REACH) and in the U.S. the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) and state regulations including California’s Proposition 65, to name a few.
The SuperCenter serves a variety of Intertek’s customers across industries facing stringent state, federal and global chemical testing regulations and standards, including appliances and electronics, building products, textiles and apparel, medical devices, housewares, furniture, toys and children’s products, footwear and accessories, transportation technologies, lighting and wireless systems. The center also offers additional services, such as rush testing capabilities, Bill of Materials (BoM) assessment services, performance testing and benchmarking and quality assurance solutions.
“The Chemical Testing SuperCenter meets the needs of our customers and delivers a centralized and streamlined, single-source testing hub,” said Gregg Tiemann, Chief Executive, Products, Intertek. “Our goals are to simplify the testing process for our customers, as the complexity of the regulatory landscape increases, and to provide more efficient, thorough and convenient chemical testing than ever before.”
Intertek Super Center Media Webinar
Media are invited to get a first look at the SuperCenter and to gain valuable insight from Intertek experts today at 11 a.m. Central Time. An informative webinar will feature a panel discussion on the following topics:
- The impact of the recast of RoHS on the medical device market in Europe
- Intertek’s RoHS/REACH consulting offerings
- Current environmental issues affecting the textiles industry, including the use of flame retardants in soft home furnishings
- How the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act cast a spotlight on chemicals in toys and children’s products
Panel experts include:
- Dr. Ruud Overbeek, Vice President, Global Health, Environmental and Regulatory Services
- Sunny Rai, Regional Vice President, Renewable Energy and Restricted Substances
- Pam Streed, Vice President, Electrical
- Kristin Gruaz, Vice President, U.S. Toys, Hardlines and Softlines
- Dr. Pratik Ichhaporia, Director of Technical Services, Toys, Hardlines and Softlines
To attend, contact Emily Kellam, 312.861.5262 or email@example.com. To learn more about the SuperCenter, visit: www.intertek.com/consumer/chemical-testing/north-america-lab/.
Intertek is the leading quality solutions provider to industries worldwide. From auditing and inspection, to testing, training, advisory, quality assurance and certification, Intertek adds value to customers’ products, processes and assets. With a network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 35,000 people in more than 100 countries, Intertek supports companies’ success in a global marketplace. Intertek helps its customers to meet end users’ expectations for safety, sustainability, performance, integrity and desirability in virtually any market worldwide. Visit www.intertek.com.
Vice President, U.S. Toys, Hardlines and Softlines, Intertek
For Media Inquiries:
Senior Account Executive, MSLGROUP
PR Manager, Intertek Americas