SANTA MONICA, CA / ACCESSWIRE / May 6, 2014 / INVENT Ventures (IDEA) a venture firm that builds, manages, and invests in early-stage web and mobile technology companies, today announced its highlights for 2013 which include business accomplishments from its portfolio of companies.
Operational and Portfolio Company Highlights from 2013
- INVENT Ventures reported a 36% year-over-year growth in revenues for the full year of 2013. Total revenues generated from its portfolio of companies increased from $105,987 to $144,144.
- Stockr, Inc. ("Stockr"), the world’s most advanced social network for the investment community, won the prestigious Vator Splash LA 2013 Startup competition that featured more than 100 of the most promising startups in Los Angeles.
- Sanguine Biosciences, Inc. ("Sanguine"), a rapidly-growing technology company in the personalized medicine and biomedical research market, was selected as a Global Finalist for the 2013 StartmeupHK Venture Program in Hong Kong. Sanguine was one of 12 finalists selected from 384 company entries from 39 countries and cities including the US, Israel, the UK, Canada, India, Malaysia, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong and others.
- Sanguine signed Agreements with more than 200 Partners to enable more efficient personalized medicine research.
- Sanguine announced an International Distribution Partnership with AMS Biotechnology to make its products and services available to researchers in Europe.
- Virurl, Inc. (“Virurl”), a top advertising technology company rebranded its award-winning native advertising platform as Revenue.com and launched new In-Stream Native Ad product.
- Virurl was nominated as a finalist in the Advertising category at the 3rd Annual Siemer Silicon Beach Summit in Santa Monica, CA
"Our portfolio companies continue to establish themselves as industry leaders," said Bryce Knight, CEO of INVENT Ventures. He continued "2013 was a stellar year marked by tremendous market acceptance, and we are excited by the accelerating momentum that we are realizing in 2014."
About INVENT Ventures, Inc.
INVENT Ventures (IDEA) is a venture firm that builds, manages, and invests in early-stage web and mobile technology companies. INVENT is headquartered in Santa Monica, California in the dynamic Silicon Beach area. For more information on INVENT, visit http://www.invent.vc/
Safe Harbor Statement
Certain statements contained in this document that are not historical fact are "forward-looking statements" as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The words or phrases "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "believes," "estimates," "projects" or similar expressions are intended to identify these forward-looking statements. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties beyond our reasonable control that could cause our actual business and results of operations to differ materially from those reflected in our forward looking statements. The safe harbor provisions provided in the Securities Litigation Reform Act do not apply to forward looking statements we make in this document. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance. We based our forward-looking statements on our current expectations about future events. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in our forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot guarantee you that these expectations actually will be achieved. We are under no duty to update any of the forward-looking statements after the date of this filing to conform those statements to actual results. In evaluating these statements, you should consider various factors, including the Risk Factors.
Investor and Media Contact:
SOURCE: INVENT Ventures
- Venture Capital