MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
“SOFIC is a leading forum for customers in the special operations field looking to advance their capabilities to improve mission success,” said Rick Rife, vice president, strategy of Exelis Night Vision & Tactical Communications Systems. “We’re excited to demonstrate a variety of our advanced technologies and ready-now, affordable solutions that will help our customers improve efficiencies in the field.”
Exelis will highlight proven, reliable technologies that help the special operations community access critical intelligence when and where they need it. Capabilities focus on geospatial intelligence, networked communications, electronic warfare, situational awareness and base operations support, including:
- Information processing, exploitation and dissemination solutions, such as Jagwire, which provide real-time data to users and actionable intelligence when and where they need it
- Networked communication systems, including SpearNet radios and Global Network On-The-Move Active Distribution (GNOMAD), a satellite communications system that employs a low-profile antenna to provide reliable connectivity for a wide range of vehicles, from standard SUVs to large armored vehicles in the Abrams, Bradley and Stryker families
- Compact push-to-talk SATCOM solutions provide warfighters compact, highly mobile voice and data communications to ensure distributed forces achieve reliable beyond line of sight C2 and situational awareness capabilities
- Custom Solutions for Special Communications and Tagging, Tracking and Locating (TTL) enhance commercial and government architectures to implement advanced end-to-end solutions that include secure, reliable, mission-specific devices and our “Lighthouse” base end infrastructure
- Integrated electronic warfare and counter RCIED solutions that protect the warfighter in the air, on the ground and in the sea by providing multi-spectral (RF, IR and laser) situational awareness and highly accurate threat warning, sensor fusion and countermeasures/decoy capabilities, as well as multifunction communications antennas that support these solutions.
- Situational Awareness that enables forward deployed personnel with on-demand, mobile access to cloud-based image analytics
- Next generation night vision goggles, which provide net-centric solutions that can gather, transmit and receive imagery and tactical intelligence between soldiers and commanders, enhancing situational awareness and decision support
- Quick Reaction Information Systems & Cyber capabilities which enhance national security by providing information-enabled solutions, modeling and simulation for DoD, intelligence and civil agencies
- Services/Support/Logistics—Exelis provides worldwide communications infrastructure sustainment, facilities operations and depot-level maintenance activities through procurement vehicles like the Enhanced Army Global Logistics Enterprise (EAGLE)
To learn more about Exelis and to participate in technology demonstrations, visit booth #312 at the event. Attendees and others can also follow Exelis on Twitter (@ITTExelis) or Facebook for real-time social media updates.
About ITT Exelis
Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and technical services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. We are a leader in communications, sensing and surveillance, critical networks, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in C4ISR, composite aerostructures, logistics and technical services. Headquartered in McLean, Va., the company employs about 19,900 people and generated 2012 sales of $5.5 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Technology & Electronics
- situational awareness