PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 5, 2012) - Workday, Inc. (
With a broad customer base that includes several Fortune 500 companies, J.B. Hunt needed a modern financial management system that could replace legacy technology and help the company continue its strong growth. Workday plans to help J.B. Hunt enhance the quality and efficiency of its financial processes to better meet the needs of its business. Key areas where J.B. Hunt expects to strengthen its financial operations include greater in-depth reporting and analytics, more efficient close processes, and streamlining its chart of accounts, while still maintaining rich, multi-dimensional analysis.
Benefits J.B. Hunt expects to gain with Workday Financial Management include:
- Real-time business insights to enable stronger decision-making across the organization from detailed business transactions captured with Worktags.
- Greater control to adapt and accommodate to new business requirements and processes, while reducing the level of IT support.
- A consumer-driven, intuitive user interface that enables finance operations to better manage information and extract insights with minimal training for improved operational efficiencies.
- Built-in mobile access across tablet and smartphone devices empowering the organization with greater accessibility to business information and insights.
- A unified system with Workday HCM, delivering greater visibility into the total workforce, including both full-time and contingent labor, and better insight into global headcount, workforce costs, skills and experience, and overall performance.
J.B. Hunt also intends to significantly reduce IT complexity and costs by gaining Workday's cloud-based delivery model, which includes regular updates delivered three times a year over a matter of days, to ensure the company is current on the latest application and technology innovations. J.B. Hunt will no longer need to manage multiple versions of software and implementations, because Workday is one code line that ensures every customer is on the latest version of the products.
Comments on the News
"Workday's financial system can keep pace with where our organization is today and where we are headed in the future," said David Mee, executive vice president and chief financial officer, J.B. Hunt. "This change will help us focus on revenue-producing programs that will continue to grow our business."
"J.B. Hunt's mission to be a long-term partner to its customers, helping them drive out cost and add value to their businesses, perfectly aligns to what we are doing here at Workday," said Dave Duffield, co-founder and co-CEO, Workday. "With Workday Financial Management, in addition to Workday HCM, we believe J.B. Hunt will find a unified solution ready to meet the company's rapid growth and able to help its workforce focus on its promise to customers."
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers Human Capital Management and Financial Management applications designed for the world's largest organizations. Hundreds of companies, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2012. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.