Sam Greenwood/Getty Images
It's official. The Jacksonville Jaguars are the worst NFL team in at least 24 years.
The advanced statistics site Football Outsiders published a new set of data going into Week Five, and the Jaguars have the worst DVOA (a stat that measure a team's overall efficiency) of any team they've ever tracked through four weeks.
According to Football Outsiders, the Jaguars are 83% worse than the average NFL team.
Some of the ugly stats:
- They're ranked 32nd out of 32 teams in passing offense, 31st in rushing offense, 30th in passing defense, and 29th in rushing defense.
- The gap between them and the 31st-ranked passing team as is large as the gap between the 31st-ranked passing team and the 5th-ranked passing team.
- The computer simulations give them a 7.4% chance to go 0-16, and a 0.0% chance of making the playoffs.
- They have scored less total points (31) than Denver averages per game (44).
There's a reason people think the Broncos-Jags game will have the largest point spread in team history.
More From Business Insider
- Bucs Rookie Made An Incredible Leaping One-Handed Interception In The Endzone
- Adrian Peterson Put On A Show For The London Fans With A Long Touchdown Run
- Seahawks Lineman Was Taken Off The Field On A Stretcher With His Dad In The Stands
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- Jacksonville Jaguars