MILPITAS, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 26, 2013) - JDSU (
JDSU's SCAS is designed to help overcome the unique and complex testing and visibility challenges that small cell environments create. The new SCAS portfolio includes:
- NetComplete EtherASSURE™ -- Scalable software platform that provides centralized and automated testing to ensure that small-cell backhaul services meet the most stringent performance requirements of the industry. The platform makes sure that backhaul networks are performing up to service level agreements, automates workflow processes and improves operational efficiency.
- PacketPortal™ -- A Smart Network Application Platform that addresses the specific challenges and requirements of small cells. Through its probeless approach, PacketPortal matches the miniaturized and cost sensitive nature of small cells while eliminating hub-and-spoke blind spots in backhaul networks. It provides points of testability and visibility right to the edge of the network with its unique microprobe portfolio that includes:
- Micro Ethernet Probe (JMEP) -- Newest addition to the PacketPortal microprobe family that can be seamlessly inserted into edge devices such as LTE eNodeB small cells and provides industry standard-based Ethernet service OAM capabilities.
- Intelligent Visibility (IV) Probe -- Supplies granular performance insight into network and application performance from various points throughout the network.
"Small cells have become the go-to solution for mobile operators to expand network coverage and deliver faster, more reliable service to their customers," said David Heard, president of the Communications Test and Measurement business segment at JDSU. "With SCAS, only JDSU offers an end-to-end solution that helps mobile operators manage the complexities of small cells and deliver the best user experience at the lowest possible cost."
JDSU at Mobile World Congress 2013
During Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona, Spain this week, JDSU is conducting joint demonstrations with Hitachi Data Systems that showcase how JDSU's PacketPortal data collection capabilities work with the Hitachi Content Platform to help redefine small cell network testing.
For more information about JDSU small cell solutions, please visit www.jdsu.com/go/smallcells.
- Technology & Electronics
- Handheld & Connected Devices