MILPITAS, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 14, 2014) - JDSU (
Ciena Awards JDSU for 100G Test Innovation
Ciena recently selected JDSU as the recipient of its Innovation Award. During Ciena's Annual Supplier Summit, the Ciena Corporate Procurement team awarded JDSU for the company's role in supporting Ciena's 100G research and development (R&D) and production with network and service-enabling 100G test and measurement solutions.
This is the third year in a row that JDSU has been recognized by Ciena. Prior awards include Strategic Supplier of the Year and Account Team of the Year.
Businesses and consumers continue to place unpredictable bandwidth demands on networks with the increase of streaming video, mobile app downloads, and other applications using a variety of connected mobile devices. Technologies such as 100G are providing the advanced speed to enable future mobile services and applications. JDSU 100G test and measurement solutions used by Ciena, a leading 100G supplier, help provide visibility and intelligence to help ensure a high quality experience for service providers and their customers.
"Ciena enjoys closely collaborating with companies that help enable next-generation technologies like 100G -- we are very pleased to recognize JDSU for their support," said Shauna Gamble, Vice President of Global Supply Chain, Ciena. "JDSU's 100G test and measurement solutions team have proven to be a valuable partner as we develop core technologies to take on big data, software defined networks, mobile video and other future network trends."
For more information on JDSU's 100G network and service enablement, please click here.
Frost & Sullivan Honors JDSU for Gigabit Ethernet Leadership for 5th Consecutive Year
Frost & Sullivan recently named JDSU as its 2013 Global Product Line Strategy Leadership Award winner for Gigabit Ethernet test solutions. This marks the 5th consecutive year that JDSU has been recognized by the analyst group for its Ethernet leadership.
"Frost & Sullivan's research confirms that technological leadership, coupled with close customer collaboration, has enabled JDSU to lead the global Ethernet test equipment market," said Prathima Bommakanti, Senior Analyst, Frost & Sullivan. "JDSU's strategy to develop best-in-class, cost-competitive products in conjunction with the latest technologies, has substantially enhanced JDSU's position in the global market."
Highlights from the report include:
- JDSU's solutions are a perfect combination of innovation and user-friendliness.
- JDSU's ability to enrich existing product features, introduce new solutions, and focus extensively on customer support comes through close collaboration with its customers.
- JDSU's distinguished product features cater to backhaul providers and mobile operators, enabling seamless installation, monitoring, and troubleshooting of the systems.
- JDSU has a distinct edge over other competitors in the market, sound technological expertise in various segments, such as small cells, gigabit Ethernet testing, and fiber optic testing which has enabled the company to build a best-in-class line of products.
- The major lines of JDSU products in the gigabit Ethernet test equipment market highlight the company's innovation as well as its technological proficiency; its superior products deliver unrivaled customer value.
- Information Technology