Jefferies analyst Peter Misek says there is no Apple television coming this year.
He says Apple wanted to have the TV this year, but can't make displays that it's happy with.
Apple "wants a display that looks like 4K/Ultra HD but without the super-premium cost," says Misek. 4k is the next-generation of TV displays. It's the next HD, basically.
Misek is one of the (many) analysts who has been calling for an Apple TV.
And he's been very wrong each time.
Here's a quick look at his record on an Apple TV:
- He said an Apple TV event would happen in March. (Not happening.)
- Another analyst at Jefferies said an Apple TV was "imminent" in November. (Not so imminent!)
- April 2012, he says the Apple TV will be called the iPanel. (Could be right on this eventually.)
More From Business Insider
- And Now ANOTHER Analyst Thinks Apple Might Miss Its Own Guidance
- OMG, An Analyst Just Compared Apple To Blackberry, Motorola, And HTC
- Apple Has Two New Boring Ads For The iPhone
- Technology & Electronics
- Apple TV