BURLINGAME, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 14, 2012) - Jobvite, the leading recruiting platform for the social web, today announced its participation in Facebook's new free Social Jobs Partnership application (SJP app). Powered by Jobvite and other developers already listing jobs on Facebook, the SJP app aggregates more than 1.7 Million jobs into a single, user-friendly tool for job hunters.
By participating in the Social Jobs Partnership, Jobvite provides anyone on Facebook with instant access to the 29,000+ open job listings from its customers. Jobvite, which also has its own Facebook application, allows job seekers to apply directly within Facebook to its listings, making it a streamlined system for finding and applying to new opportunities.
"Social recruiting and social job seeking are standard practice in today's job market -- and Facebook has become one of the primary social destinations. Jobvite research shows over half of all companies now recruit through Facebook," said Dan Finnigan, President & CEO, Jobvite. "As the pioneers of social recruiting, Jobvite is pleased to help our customers reach top talent through the Social Jobs Partnership. The Social Jobs Partnership is a major step forward in connecting employers and job seekers to help get Americans back to work."
Social Jobs Partnership App Benefits for Job Seekers & Recruiters:
- Job seekers can see an aggregate of more than 1.7 million US-based jobs from Jobvite and others.
- Users can sort, filter and search by keyword, location (zip code, city or state), industry and type of work.
- Jobvite's participation offers a streamlined method of searching, applying and sharing for open positions by allowing users to quickly look through listings, apply within the platform and "Like" or "Send" to friends via their Facebook profile.
- Recruiters using Jobvite will expand their audience reach and be able to place ads for open employment opportunities within the Facebook application.
According to findings from Jobvite's 2012 Social Recruiting Survey, 92 percent of U.S. companies use social networks and media to find candidates. Jobvite's 2011 Social Job Seeker Survey also found 48 percent of all job seekers (63 percent of those with a Facebook profile) have done at least one social job hunting activity on Facebook in the last year. One in five job seekers added professional information to their Facebook profile in the past year, and 18.4 Million Americans credit Facebook as a source that led to their current job.
"Facebook is all about connecting people and we're thrilled to see developers leveraging our platform to connect job seekers and prospective employers," said Marne Levine, Facebook's Vice President for Global Public Policy. "By allowing job seekers to view and share job openings based on personalized criteria, like location and industry, the Social Jobs Application builds on our broader effort to help people use social media to find jobs in the US."
Facebook has seen major recruiting adoption growth in the past year, and according to a recent study conducted by NACE, on behalf of the Social Jobs Partnership, employers were surveyed about their use of Facebook in the talent acquisition process. The research found that:
- Half of employers (50 percent) are currently using Facebook in their hiring process
- Nearly 90 percent of companies stated Facebook has decreased the amount of print advertising required for recruiting efforts, making Facebook a cost-effective way to find new talent
The Social Jobs Partnership is a collaboration between the U.S. Department of Labor, the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), the Direct Employers Association (DE), the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA), Facebook and developers.
Jobvite is the leading recruiting platform for the social web. Today's fastest-growing companies use applicant tracking, recruiter CRM and social recruiting software solutions from Jobvite to target the right talent and build the best teams. Jobvite is a complete, modular Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform which can optimize the speed, cost-effectiveness and ease of recruiting for any company. For more information, visit www.jobvite.com.
- Employment & Career