SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 29, 2013) - Just in time for Arthritis Month in May, legendary quarterback Joe Montana and Joint Juice® have teamed up to create "Throw with Joe," a new mobile app to provide players of all ages with a football-inspired challenge that raises funds for the Arthritis Foundation and offers an opportunity to toss around a football and hang out with Joe Montana live in San Francisco.
"When my joints started to get stiff, my doctor gave me some great tips and told me about glucosamine and chondroitin," says Joe Montana, who experienced firsthand the importance of early attention to joint care. "I was surprised to learn that it's not just something that affects older people or those with joint injuries from being tackled on a football field for 16 years. It affects people of all ages. So Joint Juice and I have teamed up to develop this great new football app with all proceeds benefiting the Arthritis Foundation and the great work they do. For only $0.99, I hope that everyone who is looking for some fun and a challenge will purchase the 'Throw with Joe' app."
Joe Montana will participate in a Google Hangout with Jennifer Griffiths, Ph.D., Arthritis Foundation Chief Mission Officer and Dr. Kris Clark, Joint Juice Nutrition Advisor and Director of Sports Nutrition for Penn State University's Athletic Dept. They will talk about what everyone should know about joint health and answer viewers' questions (football fanatics welcome!). Viewers can ask questions through Twitter using #askjoe. The Google Hangout will take place May 1, 2013, 12:00pm - 12:30pm Eastern Daylight Time by visiting http://bit.ly/throwwithjoe
About "Joint Juice® Throw with Joe" App
- The app can be purchased for $0.99 by visiting www.throwwithjoe.com, or the app store
- The goal of the game is to gain as many yards as possible before being tackled by a defensive player
- To gain yardage, players tilt their iOS device back and forth to move the football down the field, avoid defensive players and get powered up to gain more yards by running through a football helmet and yes, bottles of Joint Juice
- Players with the highest scores will rank on the leaderboard, creating a fun challenge to out-throw their friends and competitors
- There are great prizes to be won in the "Joint Juice Throw with Joe" sweepstakes, including a chance to throw with Joe Montana in person in San Francisco, signed footballs and jerseys, and 6-month supplies of Joint Juice. Sweeps run from April 26, 2013 - May 31, 2013
Click here to download both lo and hi-res App images, or visit https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17632230/Throw%20With%20Joe%20App%20Images.zip
About Premier Nutrition Corporation
Premier Nutrition is a leading active nutrition company whose brands are Premier Protein®, Joint Juice® and TITAN®. The company sells protein shakes, bars, cookies and powders under the Premier Protein® and Titan® brands and liquid joint health products under the Joint Juice® brand. For more information about the company, visit, premiernutrition.com or call 888-642-9941.
Joint Juice® products are available nationwide at major warehouse clubs, Mass Market retailers, grocery stores and drug stores. To locate a store visit our website at www.jointjuice.com.
Joint Juice supports the Arthritis Foundation with an annual contribution of $75,000. Purchase of the Throw with Joe app supports Joint Juice in making this donation, which furthers the mission of the Arthritis Foundation.
ABOUT THE ARTHRITIS FOUNDATION
The Arthritis Foundation (www.arthritis.org) is committed to raising awareness and reducing the impact of arthritis, which strikes one in every five adults and 300,000 children, and is the nation's leading cause of disability. To conquer this painful, debilitating and unacceptable disease, we support education, research, advocacy and other vital programs and services.
- Health Care Industry
- Sports & Recreation
- Arthritis Foundation