SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 29, 2013) - To help enterprise organizations and service providers address the challenges associated with managing multiple, geographically dispersed data centers, Juniper Networks (
Today's network infrastructures are not agile enough to keep pace with new and emerging data center technologies, preventing customers from fully capitalizing on the business potential of the cloud, mobile and Big Data. According to Gartner, "traditional network design practices do not adequately support the modern user. To optimally serve the business, network architects must shift their thinking from technology to users and business processes."1 The Juniper Networks® MetaFabric architecture changes the paradigm and can help network architects accelerate time to value.
Delivered via a comprehensive portfolio of switching, routing, orchestration, software-defined networking (SDN) and security solutions as well as technology partnerships, Juniper Networks MetaFabric helps ensure investment protection by allowing organizations to adapt to the changing needs of the data center, without the need to rip and replace existing infrastructures. Additionally, with MetaFabric, customers can optimally deploy, utilize and manage a unified pool of network resources across multiple data centers, achieving greater levels of business agility, cost efficiencies and improving the end user application experience.
- The MetaFabric Architecture - Built on the three guiding principles of 'open,' 'simple' and 'smart,' customers can integrate a broad array of hardware and software solutions from Juniper Networks or other networking vendors with the assurance of interoperability and minimal disruption.
- Open: Based on open interfaces, MetaFabric integrates with any heterogeneous data center environment without fear of vendor lock-in.
- Simple: With a simplified approach, customers can deploy, operate and manage data center networks without application-impacting service interruption, resulting in reduced operating expenses.
- Smart: Using built-in intelligence and analytics, customers benefit from a flexible and adaptable data center network that accelerates the adoption of cloud, mobile and big data applications, protecting investments as business needs evolve.
- Building Blocks of a MetaFabric Architecture - To ensure full interoperability and seamless integration via multiple deployment options, MetaFabric encompasses new and existing switching, routing, SDN and security offerings, including Juniper's full suite of security solutions. New products announced today include:
- QFX5100 family of 10G and 40G access switches: The QFX5100 family is made up of the most nimble top-of-rack (ToR) switches ever built, providing unmatched flexibility and resilience for the hitless, zero downtime data center.
- Unique new SDN and WAN capabilities on MX Series routers: Juniper Networks MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers can now act as universal SDN gateways to connect physical and virtual networks seamlessly. In addition, Juniper has added support for Ethernet VPN (EVPN), which maximizes performance by creating the most efficient forwarding paths across the WAN.
- Highly adaptable SDN solutions for data center optimization: MetaFabric is the ideal networking foundation for the emerging ecosystem of SDN controllers. Today, Juniper also announced that Juniper Networks Contrail will support VMware ESXi, providing customers with an even broader array of choices. In addition, MetaFabric allows customers to connect Juniper systems directly to OpenStack and CloudStack orchestration platforms, and SDN controllers, such as Juniper Networks Contrail and VMware NSX.
- Solutions and Partnerships - Juniper Networks MetaFabric architecture can employ a variety of solutions and is strengthened by service offerings and channel partner opportunities:
- MetaFabric Reference Architecture 1.0: To demonstrate MetaFabric architecture interoperability, Juniper has released MetaFabric Reference Architecture 1.0 to simplify and provide real-world guidance to customers and partners deploying a VMware virtualized data center. This fully tested reference architecture combines Juniper Networks routers, switches and security solutions with EMC, VMware and IBM systems running Microsoft applications. With MetaFabric Reference Architecture 1.0, customers can have the assurance of product and solution-level compatibility for deploying a virtualized data center architecture with less risk.
- MetaFabric Professional Services: To allow customers to maximize their MetaFabric investment while decreasing deployment time and risk, Juniper Networks is announcing MetaFabric Professional Services. This new service offering is intended to assist customers throughout the complete implementation process and includes assessment, planning, design and quick-start migration services.
- Channel partner opportunities: Juniper Networks recently introduced the Juniper Partner Advantage Cloud specialization, which provides training and certification opportunities to partners looking to deliver high-impact cloud and SDN solutions. Open to Elite-level partners, this specialization enables partners to generate new and incremental revenue opportunities, while providing customers with a network of trusted advisors who can provide expertise and guidance when migrating to the cloud.
Join Juniper Networks executives and industry leaders as they discuss how they solve their real-world challenges through network transformation in a webcast event on Wednesday, October 30th at 9 a.m. PT/4 p.m GMT.
"Grand prix racing is all about fractional improvements over the competition, and Lotus F1® Team's performance is inherently tied to technology. The key for our IT operation is flexible provisioning across two data centers, and also ensuring that application agility and performance is optimized. The innovation that Juniper is offering with its MetaFabric architecture promises to take data center capability to a new level for enterprises with fast-moving businesses."
-Graeme Hackland, IT/IS director, Lotus F1® Team
"InterVision is consistently evaluating new technologies to help customers optimize their IT infrastructure to gain a competitive advantage, particularly within the enterprise. Juniper's new MetaFabric architecture provides new and exciting opportunities for the channel by enabling us to build and deploy more flexible data center solutions. Coupled with the newly-introduced Juniper Partner Advantage Cloud program that provides comprehensive enablement and training resources, Juniper is helping us bring valuable, cloud-ready solutions to our customers."
-Jason Gress, president, InterVision Systems Technologies Inc.
"Many IT leaders are focused on making their data centers more agile. Juniper Networks MetaFabric offers a smooth path forward to agile, next-generation data center networks while promising a high level of investment protection. The ability to quickly and securely expand data center operations, deploy new applications, and better manage virtualization at the network layer means MetaFabric can increase the value of the data center compute-storage-network stack."
-Brad Casemore, research director, Data Center Networks, IDC
"IT leaders have been seeking a network that can keep up with the rigorous demands of their business, leverage the cloud in a smart and evolutionary way, and provide innovative solutions to secure both the infrastructure and data. For the first time, MetaFabric will allow companies to operate multiple data centers - physical and virtual, private and cloud - as a single, flexible pool of network resources, providing tremendous levels of flexibility and efficiency, as enterprises and service providers shift towards an application-driven world."
- Rami Rahim, executive vice president, Platform Systems Division, Juniper Networks
- To learn more about Juniper Networks MetaFabric architecture: www.juniper.net/metafabric
- Press release: Juniper Networks Delivers the World's Most Nimble 10/40GE Data Center Access Switches
- Webcast: Juniper Unveils the Data Center of the Future
- Blog: MetaFabric, A Data Center Architecture Whose Time has Come by Rami Rahim
- Blog: The Data Center Journey Continues by Jonathan Davidson
- Blog: Contrail and OpenContrail Support for VMware ESXi planned for Q1 2014 by Aruna Ravichandran
- Blog: A Smarter Security Option with MetaFabric by Michael Callahan
- Videos: MetaFabric Architecture and MX Series: Universal SDN Gateways
- Juniper Communities: www.juniper.net/social
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logo and MetaFabric are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
- Technology & Electronics
- Internet & Networking Technology
- Juniper Networks
- data centers