SUNNYVALE, CA and SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire -07/24/12)- Juniper Networks (JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, and Riverbed Technology (RVBD), the performance company, today announced a technology partnership in wide area network (WAN) optimization, application delivery and mobility to deliver market-leading technologies for enterprises looking to increase the efficiency of their IT infrastructures and securely deliver better performance of applications across devices, networks and clouds.
As the application acceleration market moves toward more convergence between the network and application layers, both Juniper Networks and Riverbed® recognize the need to invest in next-generation solutions that will deliver better performance, security and scale across any environment.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Juniper Networks is licensing Riverbed's application delivery controller (ADC) technology for approximately $75 million. This technology partnership will enhance Juniper's capabilities in key network domains across the enterprise, including in the data center, across WANs, and consumer and business devices through new application networking technologies that better manage, scale and optimize any application's use of the network.
- Riverbed and Juniper will begin a joint effort to integrate Riverbed's Steelhead® Mobile technology into the Juniper Networks® Junos® Pulse client to provide a mobile acceleration solution for mobile phones and tablets.
- Riverbed and Juniper Networks will work together to deliver best-in-class WAN optimization solutions to their respective customers.
- The partnership will enable both companies to strengthen their respective application acceleration solution sets and provide customers with unmatched performance and flexibility, while reducing overall total cost of ownership.
"We are excited to partner with Riverbed to bring innovative, ground-breaking technologies to our enterprise customers. Riverbed's application acceleration and WAN optimization solutions will complement our strategic focus on delivering high-performance networking infrastructure and further enhance our position in both data center and consumer and business device domains. Our joint efforts with Riverbed will enable us to push the future of application networking."
- Bob Muglia, executive vice president, Software Solutions Division, Juniper Networks
"This multi-faceted partnership will allow us to expand our addressable markets by providing customers with integrated solutions that increase the efficiency of their IT infrastructure. We'll work closely with Juniper to bring solutions to market that impact the performance of the entire enterprise and close the gap between data and the geographically dispersed people accessing that data from all around the world on various platforms."
- Eric Wolford, executive vice president and general manager, Products Group, Riverbed
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements relating to future plans, objectives, products, services and technologies and the expected demand for Juniper's and Riverbed's products and services. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause Juniper's and Riverbed's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause Juniper's or Riverbed's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for Juniper and Riverbed products and services and other factors listed in (1) Juniper's Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on May 9, 2012 and (2) Riverbed's Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on April 30, 2012. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to as of the date hereof, and neither Juniper nor Riverbed assumes any obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, service, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release is for information purposes only and is not a commitment to deliver any technology or enhancement. Each of Juniper and Riverbed reserve the right to modify future product plans at any time.
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. Additional information about Riverbed (RVBD) is available at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks is a registered trademark of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks logo is a trademark of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
- Juniper Networks
- Riverbed Technology
Juniper Networks Investor Relations:
Riverbed Media Relations:
Riverbed Investor Relations: