SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 17, 2013) - Juniper Networks (
Juniper Networks PTX3000 Packet Transport Router is a groundbreaking Converged Supercore™ that sets the benchmark for size, performance and efficiency, addressing the infrastructure and energy barriers that service providers face in today's networks.
The programmable, flexible and scalable design of the EX9200 Ethernet Switches simplifies the deployment of cloud applications, server virtualization and rich media collaboration tools in campus and data center core and aggregation environments. As a recipient of the Grand Prix award within the ShowNet Product Category, the EX9208 Ethernet Switch was actually used to power the high-speed network for exhibitors and attendees of Interop Tokyo 2013. Created as a way to demonstrate in real-time the interoperability of the latest technologies featured at the event, this year's showcase focused on solutions for cloud computing within the data center.
Each year at Interop Tokyo, one of Asia's largest network computing trade shows, the awards recognize the most innovative products, solutions and services among hundreds of nominated submissions. This year, the event attracted more than 140,000 attendees and featured keynote addresses, a conference program and an expo area for vendor showcases.
PTX3000 Packet Transport Router
- The PTX3000 is designed for IP/MPLS cores, metro cores, central offices and co-location facilities, giving all operators efficient packet-transport architectures. One technician can hand-carry and install a PTX3000 within a matter of minutes.
- The PTX3000 is an ultra-compact, dense 4Tbps Packet Transport Router that delivers transport-level reliability and performance. The PTX3000 has the capacity to scale up to 24Tbps, enabling it to stream high-definition video to as many as three million households simultaneously.
- With a simplified architecture, the PTX Series delivers network operators unprecedented scale at the lowest power footprint in the industry at less than one watt per Gigabit. PTX3000 customers can get started with a minimum configuration of as little as 1300 watts and a single power feed. Thus, smaller operators in space and power-constrained environments can be up and running quickly, while realizing all the benefits of the Converged Supercore.
EX9200 Line of Ethernet Switches
- In the campus, the EX9200 enables collaboration and provides simple and secure access for the delivery of mission-critical applications. In the data center, it simplifies operations to align the network with fast-changing business requirements.
- High port densities enable the EX9200 to consolidate and aggregate network layers, dramatically simplifying campus and data center architectures while reducing total cost-of-ownership and lowering power, space and cooling requirements.
- Built upon the Juniper One Programmable ASIC, the EX9200 prepares enterprises for emerging Software Defined Networking (SDN) protocols, allowing for network automation and interoperability without the need for additional hardware.
- Three EX9200 switches are available: The EX9204 (4 slots in a 6RU chassis); the EX9208 (8 slots in an 8RU chassis); and the EX9214 (14 slots in a 16RU chassis).
- Each EX9200 platform delivers up to 240 Gbps (full duplex) per slot. A pass-through mid-plane design supports up to 13.2 Tbps capacity for built-in migration to next-generation deployments.
- Any combination of 1 GbE, 10GbE and 40GbE interfaces can be used on the EX9200 chassis, and the switches will support for 100GbE cards when available.
"We are honored to have won such prestigious awards for the PTX3000 Packet Transport Router and EX9208 Ethernet Switch, which reinforce Juniper's leadership in driving network innovation in both service provider and enterprise markets. Whether you're a global telecom provider or a leading enterprise, Juniper's networking solutions deliver reliable performance at scale to power your business."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, product marketing and strategy, Platform Systems Division, Juniper Networks
- Video Blog: http://forums.juniper.net/t5/The-New-Network/JUNIPER-NETWORKS-WINS-BIG-AT-INTEROP-TOKYO-2013/ba-p/195461
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and Converged Supercore are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
- Information Technology
- Technology & Electronics
- Juniper Networks