SAN MARCOS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Ever wonder if you remembered to turn down the thermostat? Can’t recall if you locked the front door? Tired of paying pricey electricity bills? Worries like these could be concerns of the past for San Diego county homebuyers who choose a new KB home with innovative net-zero technology and cool new options for the modern family.
The state-of-the-art new tech home, also known as the ZeroHouse 2.0, is now open for tours at KB Home’s Rancho Santalina community, located in the idyllic foothills of San Marcos. The new ZeroHouse 2.0 comes with several standard features for KB homes, including solar panels, the Wiser™ home management system and a USB plug.
KB Home (KBH) recently announced that all of its new homes will now include a Wiser™ home management system, which allows homeowners to track their home’s energy consumption, in real-time, from practically anywhere. The standard system is also the base of a platform that can be enhanced to include home automation features such as remote door lock control, lighting, thermostat and security system operations.
Additionally, families with smartphones, tablets and laptops no longer need to worry about wasting excess energy while charging their devices as all new KB homes will now include an advanced USB outlet. Conveniently placed in the kitchen area of many of KB Home’s floor plans, the USB outlet features a traditional plug outlet with two USB ports above it.
“By expanding our ZeroHouse 2.0 program and options to San Marcos, homebuyers in San Diego County now have more power than ever before to customize their energy and water efficiency,” said Steve Ruffner, president of KB Home’s Southern California division. “In addition to offering the latest in new home technology, our new homes available at Rancho Santalina are beautifully appointed and nestled in a picturesque hillside neighborhood that offers its residents recreational amenities such as parks and walking trails. It is a truly special community that showcases the awesome combination of value, choice, location and innovation that only KB Home can deliver.”
At the KB Home Design Studio, additional choices are available to further enhance a KB home’s convenience, functionality and style. An important component of KB Home’s Built to Order homebuying experience, the KB Home Design Studio offers some of the latest in home technology to meet the changing needs of today’s contemporary consumer.
“In 2013, a visit to the KB Home Design Studio means choosing a home’s technological capabilities as well as several of its aesthetic features. Gadgets and gizmos that used to be considered rare and exotic can now be included in any KB home,” added Ruffner.
Below is a list of some of the additional modern conveniences that can be incorporated into a new KB home:
1) ZeroHouse 2.0 technology with SunPower solar panels can help generate as much energy as a home is projected to consume, resulting in essentially a near zero utility bill for the homeowner.
2) All-new “smart” appliances featuring Whirlpool Brand’s 6th Sense Live™ technology enable homeowners to connect their refrigerator, dishwasher and laundry pair to a smart grid, track energy consumption and operate all of them from computers and mobile devices.
3) USB outlets that allow homeowners to plug smartphones, tablets and other USB devices directly into the wall for charging. And when charging is complete, the USB outlet effectively “shuts down” for maximum energy efficiency and less waste on electric costs.
4) Intercom systems can be installed to easily communicate from any room in the house. Paired with cameras and TV or computer monitors, intercom systems can also help homeowners see who’s knocking at the front door before opening it. Similarly, a door phone answering system connects the doorbell to your cell phone, so it rings the same time the door does!
5) Wiser™ home management system and security packages allow homeowners to control their security systems, remote cameras, lighting, heating, air conditioning, appliances and locks with the click of a button from their smart phones or other internet-connected devices.
6) Prewiring for electric vehicle charging stations can help accommodate increasingly popular all-electric or hybrid vehicles.
7) WaterSense labeled faucets and fixtures that are not only hands free but also save buyers real dollars and cents on utility bills.
In general, installing many of these options in a home which has already been built can be expensive and time consuming. However, by incorporating technology upgrades into their home during KB Home’s Built to Order experience, homeowners can enjoy the benefits of these products from the day they move in.
To discover what kind of technological advancements are possible in your new KB home and to locate a KB Home community near you, visit www.kbhome.com or call 888-KB-HOMES.
About KB Home
KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilding companies in the United States. Since its founding in 1957, the company has built more than half a million quality homes. KB Home's signature Built to Order™ approach lets each buyer customize their new home from lot location to floor plan and design features. In addition to meeting strict ENERGY STAR® guidelines, all KB homes are highly energy efficient to help lower monthly utility costs for homeowners, which the company demonstrates with its proprietary KB Home Energy Performance Guide® (EPG®). A leader in utilizing state-of-the-art sustainable building practices, KB Home was named the #1 Green Homebuilder in the most recent study by Calvert Investments and the #1 Homebuilder on FORTUNE magazine's 2011 World's Most Admired Companies list. Los Angeles-based KB Home was the first homebuilder listed on the New York Stock Exchange, and trades under the ticker symbol "KBH." For more information about KB Home's new home communities, call 888-KB-HOMES or visit www.kbhome.com.
- Home & Garden
- Real Estate
- KB home
Craig LeMessurier, 925-580-1583