SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire -04/25/12)- Over the past several months, hundreds of IT professionals from around the world have been engaged in the SMB 150 Channel Influencers contest. The SMB 150, a collaboration between SMB Nation and SMB Technology Network, is the SMB technology channel's annual list of its 150 most influential members.
On Tuesday, Scott Schreiman, CEO, Kerio Technologies, was named to the SMB 150 Channel Influencers List. Schreiman joins a group of esteemed colleagues who were chosen during a two-phase voting process. In the initial stage, channel community members voted on 400 nominees at SMB150.com. Following the community vote, a panel of industry experts evaluated each nominee based on a pre-established rubric. The community vote accounted for 40% of each nominee's overall rating, with the expert panel's decision contributing the remaining 60%.
"Much of the noise these days in the IT space is focused on the enterprise. That's why it's nice to be associated with an organization like SMB Nation that focuses on the same audience that Kerio focuses on," said Schreiman. "Being honored with the SMB 150 influencer recognition speaks to the two-way communication we have with our customers to provide IT solutions that fit their business needs."
As the CEO of Kerio Technologies, a provider of IT infrastructure solutions, Scott Schreiman's passion for simplifying IT is evident each time he visits one of Kerio's 5,000 channel partners or 50,000 customers. Under his direction, Kerio has established itself as an upstart, and an alternative to the overly complex solutions that many enterprise vendors attempt to position for the SMB space. Scott works tirelessly with Kerio development, sales and marketing teams to ensure the company provides solutions that remove technology barriers and make IT simple, yet functional for its customers.
Schreiman and his/her fellow SMB 150 influencers are invited to attend the SMB 150 Awards Gala on May 16, 2012, at the Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles. The event is hosted by SMB Nation and SMB Technology Network and sponsored by BlackBerry, OKI Data Americas, and Quest Software.
"I encourage everyone in the SMB channel community to join me in celebrating the accomplishments of the men and women who made the SMB 150 list," said SMB Nation Founder and Chairman Harry Brelsford in a blog article posted on the SMB Nation website. "Each and every one of them has spent countless hours growing our community and deserves every accolade we can give them. I can't wait to toast them in Los Angeles."
About Kerio Technologies, Inc.
Innovating in Internet security since 1997, Kerio Technologies, Inc. provides unified collaboration, communications and security solutions for businesses and organizations worldwide that prefer a simple approach to IT. Kerio is headquartered in San Jose, California, and has offices in New York, Germany, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Australia, and Russia. Kerio is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, a member of CalConnect, a calendaring and scheduling consortium, and a member of the Mac Developer Program. Kerio has more than 5,000 channel partners who support more than 50,000 customers in more than 108 countries. Technology partners include Sophos, zvelo, VMware, Parallels and Notify Technology Corporation. For more information, please visit www.kerio.com.
"Kerio," its products and its logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Kerio Technologies, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries, as the case may be.
About SMB Nation
SMB Nation is a media integration and events community, targeted at the small and medium business (SMB) channel partner/reseller/consulting/VAR community. SMB Nation spreads the knowledge of SMB technology trends through its conferences, books, print magazine, online services, and worldwide seminars, workshops and accredited Pocket MBA certificate (an academic partnership with Aspen University). As an active participant in the technology community, SMB Nation has a long history of enthusiastic advocacy and evangelism. The SMB Nation tribe exceeds 54,000 followers worldwide. For more information, visit www.SMBNation.com, www.CloudNation.co and www.Telephonation.com.
The SMB Technology Network (SMBTN) has its roots in partner groups focused on IT solutions & services for the SMB (Small Medium Business) space. Their focus includes Windows platforms including SBS (Small Business Server). In 2005 they combined a series of independent IT Professional groups in Southern California and around the U.S. into a single umbrella group, consolidated as SMBTN. Each group holds monthly meetings to discuss the latest IT business trends. In addition, the group has partnered with Microsoft at various events, further penetrating the SMB space. The SMBTN group continues to expand into new regions, chapters and members across the U.S. For more information, visit www.smbtn.org.
- Kerio Technologies
Kerio Technologies, Inc.