PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwire -12/15/11)- Workday Inc. today announced that Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE: KMB - News) has launched a global deployment of Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) for 57,000 workers in 60 countries. Workday will support a top goal defined by Kimberly-Clark to foster and build its worldwide talent. Workday is the leader in SaaS-based enterprise solutions for global human resources (HR), payroll, and financial management.
- Kimberly-Clark is one of the world's leading consumer goods companies, with revenues of $19.7 billion in 2010. The company's brands, including Kleenex, Scott, HUGGIES, and more, are sold in more than 150 countries.
- Kimberly-Clark selected Workday for reasons including:
- Workday's Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery model
- Lower total cost of ownership and faster deployment as compared with Kimberly-Clark's current on-premise system
- A modern technology architecture to support Kimberly-Clark's most important asset -- its worldwide workforce
- A single, unified system for workforce data
- Actionable analytics for gaining insights into Kimberly-Clark's full-time and contingent workforces
- Workday's consumer-like user interface and self-service capabilities
- Kimberly-Clark's Workday deployment is under way in nine countries in South Asia, and will be followed by rollouts in North Asia, Middle East/Eastern Europe and Africa, Latin America, and finishing with North America.
Comments on the News
"Our Workday HCM deployment is not just an HR initiative, it is a business initiative. We absolutely needed a new technology to help us do a better job of managing our most important asset," said Ramon Baez, CIO at Kimberly-Clark. "Kimberly-Clark has more than 57,000 employees -- 50 percent of them outside of the U.S. -- and we need a good grasp on managing that human capital across the globe. We want our business leaders to have workforce information at their fingertips, so they can make the right decisions at the right time when it comes to talent."
"Kimberly-Clark's initiative to understand and optimize talent across 60 countries -- a huge effort for any large, multinational company -- is just one example of what makes it an exceptional company and employer," said Dave Duffield, co-CEO and chief customer advocate at Workday. "Workday is honored to play an important role in helping Kimberly-Clark achieve this goal."
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses, combining a lower cost of ownership with an innovative approach to business applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers unified Human Capital Management, Payroll, and Financial Management solutions designed for today's organizations and the way people work. Delivered in the cloud leveraging a modern technology platform, Workday offers a fresh alternative to legacy ERP. More than 240 customers, spanning mid-sized organizations to Fortune 500 businesses, have selected Workday. Visit us at www.workday.com.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people -- nearly a quarter of the world's population -- trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, HUGGIES, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries.
© 2011. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.