NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire -06/18/12)- KIT digital, Inc. (KITD), a leading video management software and services company, today announced key investments and executive appointments it has made in the Asia-Pacific region (APAC) designed to support its continued commercial growth there, as well as major customer wins it has recently closed. The company also announced that it will be exhibiting at the CommunicAsia2012 show in Singapore, June 19 - 22, 2012, where it will showcase its suite of video software solutions at stand 1P2-01.
The combination of macro trends and consumer demand in APAC are overwhelmingly supportive of IP-delivered video systems. Users are choosing to watch more video on connected devices, and countries that may have previously lacked traditional cable infrastructure are leap-frogging technology and moving directly to IP distribution of content. In response to this current environment, KIT digital has undertaken a number of strategic initiatives in recent months to ensure that it remains the supplier of choice for the region's largest and most forward-looking broadcasters and network operators.
Recent Customer Wins
KIT digital has recently signed a number of strategic commercial deals in the region, including:
- A major telecommunications company in South East Asia chose KIT digital to provide an over the top, multi-device video service through the Cosmos platform and Connected Device Framework;
- A major media and television organization in South East Asia chose KIT digital to deploy an over the top, multi-device digital TV and movies service through the Cosmos platform and Connected Device Framework;
- Channel 3, one of the largest satellite and TV channel providers in Thailand, chose KIT digital and partner Vizrt to upgrade its existing traditional broadcast infrastructure;
- KIT digital was chosen to manage and launch the first broadcast channel of Bloomberg in Mongolia. Given the project's overwhelming success, the company anticipates being given the opportunity to launch Bloomberg channels in five additional APAC markets; and
- Sanitarium, the Australian health and wellbeing company, chose KIT digital to design and deploy a digital media platform for its Complete Health Improvement Program. KIT digital's comprehensive solution, speed of deployment, and global reach supported its bid against a number of competitors.
"The material investment we've made in APAC over the past months is key to more great commercial wins like these," said Nicole Dixon, newly-named Managing Director of Asia-Pacific for KIT digital. "2012 has already proven to be a milestone year for the television and video industries, particularly in the high-growth regions we target like South East Asia. Our Cosmos software is situated at the heart of the transformation from traditional broadcast infrastructure to broadband TV, and the Connected Device Framework enables our customers to answer consumer demand for true 'TV Everywhere' solutions."
The company has made a number of new appointments to the regional executive team, bringing in new talent and additional industry expertise:
- Nicole Dixon has been named Managing Director of Asia-Pacific, responsible for driving operations, business development, account management, finance and marketing activities. Dixon is a long-standing senior executive at KIT digital with many years of experience as a technologist and technical operations manager. Upon joining the company, Dixon became Head of Technical Operations for the Asia-Pacific region, and subsequently a role as Head of Global Client Services.
- Daniel Thunberg has been named SVP of Sales and Marketing of Asia-Pacific, responsible for overseeing all sales and marketing activities across the region. His remit is to bring the company's world-class suite of IP-video solutions to one of the fastest evolving regions in the world. Prior to joining KIT digital, Thunberg worked for Irdeto for twelve years, holding a wide range of global and regional roles in sales and marketing, with a client portfolio including Softbank, Samsung, SK Telecom, China Mobile and Huawei, among others.
- Natasha Roberton has been named VP of Marketing of Asia-Pacific, responsible for growing the profile and awareness of KIT digital in region, launch new innovations to market, and support sales and partnership activities. Roberton's career has seen her work in a variety of sales management, marketing, and brand development roles across industries as diverse as ICT, public health, energy, and the property sector. Prior to joining KIT digital she owned and operated an award-winning ad agency in Melbourne where she consulted creatively and strategically to a wide range of clients.
Regional Headquarters Move
KIT digital announced the relocation of its APAC regional headquarters to Singapore to support a growing customer and employee base while helping drive new sales throughout the region. The new Singapore office complements existing operations in Beijing, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Melbourne, Mumbai, Sydney, and Taipei.
"I am thrilled to be announcing our relocation to Singapore from the show floor of CommunicAsia2012," said Dixon. "This move puts our regional sales and operational headquarters in the heart of one of the world's business and technology capitals, and the home to many of the tier one media companies and service providers that are demanding our products and services. We look forward to an expanded presence in the region and to introducing more customers to our broadcast-grade IP video solutions."
KIT digital will showcase its latest solutions at stand 1P2-01, including:
- Video Asset Management: KIT digital will present a major upgrade to the KIT Video Platform Cosmos Edition, its broadcast-grade video asset management platform. This will include tours of an updated backend and interactive demonstrations of the next-generation 'VOD Store' frontend.
- Multiscreen OTT delivery: Demonstrations of new customer deployments to a variety of devices, including game consoles, tablets, smartphones, set top boxes and connected TVs, will be on display at KIT digital's booth through the duration of the show. Visitors will be able to experience the technology the company has implemented for key customers like BSkyB, Mediaset, AT&T and Channel 4.
- Social Program Guide: KIT digital will demonstrate its next generation social TV experience: the KIT Social Program Guide (SPG). Targeted as a replacement for the typical TV remote control and electronic programming guide combination, this new solution is a market first in socially-enabled video consumption and interaction.
- New e-Commerce Video Solution: KIT digital has partnered with IBM to develop a new solution utilizing both companies' software. The solution enables consumers to purchase, watch, and share premium video content on multiple devices through a seamless, intuitive interface. Demonstrations of the solution, which marries IBM's business process management software with the KIT Video Platform Cosmos Edition, will be available at the show.
About KIT digital, Inc.
KIT digital (KITD) is a leading video management software and services company. The KIT Video Platform, the company's cloud-based video asset management system, enables enterprise, media & entertainment and network operator clients to produce, manage and deliver multiscreen socially-enabled video experiences to audiences wherever they are. KIT digital services nearly 2,500 clients in 50+ countries including some of the world's biggest brands, such as Airbus, The Associated Press, AT&T, BBC, BSkyB, Disney-ABC, Google, HP, Mediaset, MTV, News Corp, RCS MediaGroup, Sky Deutschland, Sky Italia, Telecom Argentina, Telecom Italia, Telefonica O2, Universal Studios, Verizon, Vodafone and Volkswagen. KIT digital maintains executive offices in New York and its operational headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in 21 countries around the world. Visit the company at www.kitd.com or follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/KITdigital.